Apologies

LoveSushi

Nah, I'll just go back in lurk mode. I don't care to incite anything, and it seems that some people get quite vitriolic if someone shares an opinion or observation that they don't agree with.
:backingout:

Scent of Cedar *

Tess, we have all had postings go zooming off in directions we had not intended or foreseen. It's such an uncomfortable feeling! I am glad you are still here with us. I hope very much that you will continue to post.

:O)

Cedar

A dad

Nah, I'll just go back in lurk mode. I don't care to incite anything, and it seems that some people get quite vitriolic if someone shares an opinion or observation that they don't agree with.
:backingout:
Are you kidding me those kind of posts are awesome you see drama can arguments can be quite annoying but debates are fun there is a reason for that you get to know people better.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Tess, don't go back into lurkdom. I've had posts deleted, been scolded by mods, etc.

I apparently have the occasional boundary issues when it comes to TOS, AND a tendency to be overly blunt. Great combination, hunh? Anyway, I'm still here.

Stay out and contribute!

Copabanana

Tess,

I join the chorus. Stay. Post. Visibly.

Join our club: I too have been scolded, deleted and admonished.

It has felt horrible. Because here I bare my soul.

Then, I realized, it has nothing to do with me how others perceive me, evaluate me, respond to me. And everything to do with them. Which is something completely beyond my control. There will always be bias towards us and against us.

COPA

Calamity Jane

Tess,

Stay. This forum is for everybody. Please don't be cowed into lurking. I loved your post FWIW. It was your genuine, honest opinion, and you shared it with us. Good for you. Although Bobby Jindal is a politician, I don't think you posted that to be political and overbearing at all. At least that's not what I read into it. Besides, I'm a big girl, and even if you didn't post for that reason, it hasn't killed me yet to read anyone's opinion outside my particular comfort zone.

We always need kind, interesting people on this board, and you're one of them! I encourage you to stay and contribute.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Tess, your post wasn't political in any way. It was a quote by someone who happens to be a politician. Big difference!

In fact, I'm one of the ones guilty of taking the quote in a more political direction and doubtless my putting my 2 cents in contributed to the thread being deleted.

GN

Copabanana

Tess,

Thank you for inviting us to discuss this important topic.

I have several times posted about politicians or their words. These may have been deleted. I don't know.

I have strong views about specific political figures mostly because of "character issues" that inflame me or about which I care deeply.

It is a convenient way to talk about what is important to me, by pointing to an illustrative figure in the public gaze. Everybody gets it. They may not know me, but they know this figure.

I have also posted about my political views. Not to convince anybody else or to politicize but because such are such an important part of me. I did not realize until later that this was not permitted. I am sorry. There was no intention to break rules.

I do remember now the thread. At the time, I believed your intention was to share with us your worldview, your deeply held sense of what was in the human good. I appreciate that whether the views are my own or not.

I always appreciate such threads. I have posted several threads from the same desire to share.

CD is a business. There is the overarching goal to appeal to the widest audience and to alienate nobody.

My participation here is highly personal. I post and read to develop as a person, as a Mother. I feel the overarching commitment to help others do the same. I believe that in turn helps me.

I am grateful that CD provides this forum and allows me the latitude to represent myself here. I understand that when our aims conflict, that CD representatives will choose their interests over my own.

When and if I have a Forum I will do the same.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Copa, I see you and raise you one, though "mother" is not part of my persona, rather Crone, if you follow the Celtic faith, which i don't.

My problem is that I'm extremely active in politics in real life; it's something i am extremely passionate about, and unfortunately, I don't have the world's best filters.

That means I periodically let RL bleed over into non-RL situations, especially when I've just come off of Facebook, where such things are permitted. (trouble transitioning, anyone?)

I'm working on it. I think that's the first time I've been involved in a thread that got deleted in quite a while, and I know it's been a while since I've been taken out behind the woodshed by a mod.