Apparently I'm doing something right....

JKF

I just got home from easy child's 7th grade Back to School Night. In the past I've always dreaded these things bc of his ADHD issues but this one was great. Every single one of his teachers said easy child is doing amazingly well and he's a great kid with an awesome personality. And his reading teacher (who he also had last year) said that whatever we're doing is obviously working bc he's a completely different child this year. Mostly focused, prepared for class, social, self confident, etc. It was SO nice to hear that bc it's a LOT of hard work to keep that child on track. Strict routines, being consistent, therapy, medications, time schedules for everything, etc. But it's working and because of that it's all worth it!!!

Last edited:

JKF

Sorry- I probably should have posted this under general parenting but in my excitement I posted it here instead. Please forgive :)

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Great post JKF, you are such a terrific mom. You do all the right things for your sons. I am impressed and proud of you. Great job!

JKF

Thanks RE! It's so hard sometimes but so worth it when I get positive feedback. And easy child really is a great kid. He's starting to blossom (is that the word? Is that only for girls??) into a wonderful young man. So handsome and funny! It warms my heart and makes me realize that I am a good mom and I do work hard to make sure my boys will turn out ok.

Thank you too Lia! It is definitely hard work! I don't know how you do it with 7. I'm a crazy lady with 2 and one doesn't even live at home!! LOL

And TM - I appreciate it! Thanks for moving this over for me. I've had a long week and wasn't paying attention to where I was posting!!!

cubsgirl

What a great post! Way To Go easy child!! Isn't it wonderful when our kids come out of their "shells" and really blossom.

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
Thanks for sharing your news! Congrats to both you & easy child and do enjoy the warm feelings- I too know that feeling of dread..still waiting for difficult child to adjust to 7th grade here.