Appropriate X-Mas gifts for teacher, bus driver, etc.

klmno

I never thought about GCs - but I like the idea. I used to get the inexpensive, small gifts from the stand next to the cashier at the book store as gifts. Thet were$10 or less and small.Still, it added up after counting all teachers, admin, etc.

SRL

A holiday card, with a personalized note is appreciated. So are edibles ~ store-bought or homemade; they're both practical and special. Or take a moment, look the person in the eye and tell them how much you appreciate what they do - that costs nothing, but etches a place in their mind and their heart.

In my Christmas boxes I keep notes from students that I had as far back as student teaching. I reread them every year when I take them out.

cubsgirl

Thank you for your input everyone. It's really interesting to see it from the teacher's point of view as well regarding edibles. I'm not a good cook (husband does most of it) so I wasn't going to put his teacher through that :)

I'm definitely going to have difficult child make some homemade Christmas cards - I think they'll appreciate that.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Homemade Christmas cards rock. Now, I'm not a teacher, but I've received a few from friends' kids and I keep those...