April 17, ANOTHER pet food recall?

dreamer

Seems to me either Fox news or CNN today said something about yet another pet food recall this morning? Maybe a brand something like nuturbana or something like that?
I cannot get this computer to load up either cnn or fox news to find out more, tho. If you use a brand with a name like that, you might want to check.

rejectedmom

Here you go Dreamer! -RM

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Natural Balance Pet Foods recalled two kinds of pet food after receiving reports of animals vomiting and experiencing kidney problems, the Food and Drug Administration said Monday.

The recall includes all date codes of Venison & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food and Venison & Green Pea Dry Cat Food.

The company does not know the cause of the problem, but said it is focused on one particular lot.

Natural Balance Pet Foods is working with the FDA to investigate the matter and is urging consumers to not feed either pet food product to their animals.

Last month, Menu Foods recalled 60 million cans of dog and cat food after the deaths of 16 pets, mostly cats, that ate its products. (Details on recall)

The FDA said tests indicated the food was contaminated with an industrial chemical, melamine.

At least six pet food companies have recalled products made with imported Chinese wheat gluten tainted with the chemical. The recall involved about 1 percent of the U.S. pet food supply.

FDA spokeswoman Julie Zawisza said the agency had no indication that the Natural Balance case is related to the melamine problem.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

dreamer

Thank you!

Gosh I wonder what the other 99% of pet foods are, if only 1% of the supply has been affected? Maybe they just mean from THIS specific recall, but if you add up ALL the recent pet food recalls, I wonder how much it would be?

I am hoping hard no human food has been tainted with the wheat gluten.........I seem to recall while stuck in heavy traffic hearing something about there might be s ome kind of concern about that? I hope not.