Are any of our kids at this school that had the shooting?

Jody

I sure hope not. I know we have some Ct members. My heart just hurts. Remember this school and the families of these murdered victims in your prayers. I just don't understand it. Little kids, just very sad about this. Very. Ugh.

jal

I live in CT, but not anywhere near this school. My difficult child is in 5th grade, elementary school. We are just sitting here stunned and shocked at work. There are no words for this.

C

Castle Queen

Sitting here in tears. Feeling helpless and devastated. And praying...for what I am not sure. Help for these people, while they are still young, who grow up and do something like this?

Jody

I don't want to know anything about the man that did this nothing. I am going to pray for his family too. I just wish there was a way that the media would not give the killer so much attention. Sometimes I feel like they do this just to be "famous". The damage beyond the actually killing is tremendous. The memory of this day and everything, gosh, just makes me sick and it didnt need to happen. Why do they feel the need to hurt others and innocent little kindergarden kids.

InsaneCdn

Jody... it's the ages involved that really gets me on this one. HS shootings, for example, in response to years of exclusion and bullying are still awful and not at all right, but you can see the link. This one? Makes NO sense on any front.

Jody

IC-You are right I definately see the link, when a teenager has done something like this in retaliation and frustration, and depression from being bullied. Like you said not at all right on any level, but these little ones. This was done for shock reasons. Wants to shock the world and be remembered. Oh, gosh I just don't believe this. I can't wait to see my girls tonight.

DDD

Of course the information coming from the scene is not consistent but one report stated that the shooter killed his Mom who was a teacher there and then killed her students. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days when communication was limited to the nightly news and the daily newspaper. There was some emotional distance available. Today my heart feels heavy and, of course, I know none of the people involved. It's like too much information emotionally. Prayers being said. DDD

Calamity Jane

What is this world coming to? How can anyone pull the trigger 18 times on little kids? Beyond sick. Then they kill themselves and we're still left wondering.

DDD

Evidently he was the son of a teacher, did kill her and many of her students. They also found his brother dead at his home.
I really do feel sick to my stomach watching the coverage. DDD

donna723

This whole thing is just too horrible for words! I can't even imagine what those poor families must be going through.

One of my oldest and dearest friends lives in Danbury, Ct, very close to where this happened. His own children are grown and he has no grandchildren, but he has six siblings who all live in the area and have children and grandchildren who might go to this school. I just pray that they are all OK.

slsh

member since 1999
Beyond comprehension. My heart just aches for the families.

I was heartened to hear a psychiatrist or therapist on CNN just smack down Wolf Blitzer who was trying to blame the parents for not getting help/treatment for their kids. She said that a *lot* of families out there know that their adult kids are dangerous but that, in an effort to prevent wholesale institutionalization of the mentally ill, the pendulum has swung way too far the other way and parents are *not* able to do anything effective to prevent these situations if their adult child hasn't broken a law. I'm paraphrasing, but it is the very first time I've heard someone finally and bluntly say that parents' hands are tied given the current laws. It's about darn time - though I'm skeptical any practical changes will come about.