Are you a patient or a visitor?

lizanne2

Well, isn't it funny how my 'normal' has changed. As I posted earlier my difficult child 2 is inpatient psychiatric for suicide attempts/thoughts. This has been HARD for me. Harder for her I imagine.

So I finally get difficult child 1 to go visit. Well, we are late because he is anxious about going. He didn't think he would be going but his baseball game had been cancelled.

We drive the 45 minutes and arrive so late that we bypass security and miss getting our Visitor sticker. difficult child 1 is happy to see difficult child 2, The vist proceeds. One of difficult child 2's friend is there as patient so the visit of 'fun'.

So then I am thinking, difficult child 2 is a little too exciteable. Whoops, in all the rushing, difficult child 2 didn't take medications. As any good mental health practitioner could see, attention is an issue for this one.

So it is time to leave and we get buzzed through the door. New staff person---to difficult child 2---"Are you a patient or a visitor" No sticker. We have to wait. Anxiety is ramping up. difficult child 2 wants out!

It was funny but not so funny..... maybe I should have followed the rules.

It is sometimes tough to handle 2 kids through crisis!

I hope we get a discharge date because I don't think difficult child 2 will visit again.:anxious:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Glad the visit went relatively well, anyway.

So difficult child 2 was an "impatient visitor". Those people should be used to that. lol (sorry, couldn't resist.)

TerryJ2

It was funny but not so funny..... maybe I should have followed the rules.

Okay, I'll admit, I laughed at the subject heading. My motto is, "If I don't laugh, I'll cry."
So go ahead, laugh. Ya gotta admit it's funny.
I'm glad the visit went well.

VERY funny, Shari! :)

Lori4ever

Glad the visit went well, anyway. It is tough to see any of them in crisis, although sometimes I think it's a natural occurance. It just seems so with mine. I hope she stabalizes soon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You could have said "Well had I known you had a two for one sale I would have dropped them both off and taken some respite time for myself." :tongue:

OMG - I can see you blowing through the barricades now.....yelling back to the gate guard "NO time to stop now - I have kids to see." :surprise:;)

graceupongrace

"Are you a patient or a visitor?"

Some days I just wouldn't even know how to answer -- lol!:tongue:

Of course, I'm making light of the comment, not your situation, Lizanne. It must be incredibly hard on everyone. Sending hugs your way!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Me also commenting on the comment and not the situation but.....

Had the question been directed towards me??? There have been times that I would have lied and said, "Patient. And I'm late for my sedation!"

Anyway, hope things ease up for you all soon. Hugs.