Are you registered to vote?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yep-registered and ready-I almost always vote even in the not so big elections. In the past we've never had to be pre-registered but it always takes longer if you are not. Maybe it's something new or does it vary state to state?

muttmeister

I'm not sure I agree that voting should be required. I think the majority of people who take the trouble to vote are interested in the process and actually know SOMETHING about the candidates. I know a few people who don't even know who's running and definitely don't know what they stand for. I can imagine that if it were required there would be more people than we care to think who would vote for somebody be because of their party or their race or their gender or for the candidate with the best hair or the most (insert adjective here like Greek, Jewish, Catholic, Irish, German, etc.) name, or because they saw something on the TV or the internet that might be totally false but they don't care enough to find out. I think if you don't care enough to be informed, you should stay home.

KTMom91

Yep...Hubby and I are both registered. Miss KT is working at an election location for extra credit in her government class. She's really excited about it, so I think this will motivate her to register as soon as she can.

Marg's Man

I have been wondering how to broach this subject...

Like Marg, I am registered to vote in Australia because of our compulsory vote. I would be registered anyway - the Vote is the most important part of a Democracy. (The capital letters are deliberate).

But I am also a Citizen of the World and, like or or not, the President of the USA is the leader of the free world. I cannot vote in this election but it will affect me and mine anyway.

So PLEASE, if you have the right to vote for the US elections do so. Do not waste your precious vote.

I know who I would vote for if I could but I cannot so I am not saying. There is nothing more I can say without appearing to be bringing undue influence.

Marg's Man

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yup. I'm registered. I've voted absentee, voted by mail, voted however...this year will be my thirtieth year voting. I've never missed an election.

My mother got her citizenship two years before I was born. This year marks her FIFTIETH year voting in a US election.

Her only concession to her age is that she votes in the early polls allowed for in her state. She can go very early and get a parking space right by the door<g>