Are you taking care of you?and

AppleCori

What are you doing (or want to start doing) for yourself?

It's a beautiful spring day (for most of us) and a time of renewal.

What's the new theme for your life?

AppleCori

My current theme is "Letting Go".

I am letting go of some extra weight.

I am letting go of a bunch of books and other clutter.

I am going to let go of a bunch of junk in the basement.

I am letting go of trying to control other people.

How about you?

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I'm starting to take more time for myself, slowing down and doing my best to live in the present moment.

I'm continuing to let go of past hurts. Funny how you think you've let go and then they sneak back into your thoughts.

I'm not taking life for granted. I'm in my mid 50's and am making sure I do things that bring me joy. I don't know how many more years I will be blessed to have but I don't want to waste them.

I am going to let go of a bunch of junk in the basement.
I too need to do this!!

Pink Elephant

My theme each spring is gardening! Oh how I love to garden! planning a busy weekend outside this weekend getting everything cleaned-up and tailored nicely from the shock of a winter we had. Can't wait!

It's my escape from the real world, as I tend to forget everything going on around me, so it equates to great meditation by all accounts.

BusynMember

Good topic!!

My theme is "be nice to me."

So much of my life was blaming myself for anything that doesnt work out. I forgave others and myself and am experiencing incredible joy and peace partly through spirituality. I dont let drama in my life, grown kids included.

Traveling is in my future. Until then I try to slow down and smell every rose. Its gorgeous here today!!!

AppleCori

My theme each spring is gardening! Oh how I love to garden! planning a busy weekend outside this weekend getting everything cleaned-up and tailored nicely from the shock of a winter we had. Can't wait!

It's my escape from the real world, as I tend to forget everything going on around me, so it equates to great meditation by all accounts.

Let us know how it goes and what you plant. Flowers or veggies, or both?

I'm not sure if I am going to put in a big garden this year. I have such a busy summer planned, and too many out-of-town trips.

AppleCori

Good topic!!

My theme is "be nice to me."

So much of my life was blaming myself for anything that doesnt work out. I forgave others and myself and am experiencing incredible joy and peace partly through spirituality. I dont let drama in my life, grown kids included.

Traveling is in my future. Until then I try to slow down and smell every rose. Its gorgeous here today!!!

I love your theme!

february

I am also taking care of myself through this madness. Canyon walks, eating healthy and getting enough sleep. This helps me to fight of stress.

BusynMember

I wish there were more posters telling us that indeed they are taking care of themselves. I hope everyone is. It is so freeing to stop trying to fix others and fixing yourself.

Pink Elephant

Let us know how it goes and what you plant. Flowers or veggies, or both?

I'm not sure if I am going to put in a big garden this year. I have such a busy summer planned, and too many out-of-town trips.
Hi AppleCori. I enjoy a variety of perennials, mixed with a variety of conifers, and we keep a small vegetable garden that rewards us with cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and squash.

I love gardening, because it's my - ME time, and with the busy and hectic world we live in today, being able to forget about everything for a few hours at a time really helps heal the soul.

We awoke to rain this morning and it's supposed to be like this for the next 5-7 days, so I may be inside over the weekend instead of gardening, but that will give me time to do some cooking and cleaning. Never a dull moment.