Are your gas prices.....

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
going down? Ours are.

I just drove home from work and about ran off the road when I saw the sign that said $2.58 for gas. It has been steadily dropping....husband says he can't wait til it is under $2. I was just looking forward to 2.50. I am almost to what I was looking for. I think his hope is a pipe dream but hey it could happen.

beth

trinityroyal

The gas prices are dropping around here too.
They are down to about $1.09 per litre (about $4.50 per gallon) from a high of $1.45 or so.

Interestingly though, before the prices started to spike, $0.98 was really really high and just WAY too much to pay for a litre of gas. Funny, isn't it, how the price which used to be unacceptably high is now a bargain.

Sigh...

everywoman

Going down here as well. I think we are the cheapest in our state right now. Last I checked it was 2.60. But that was a few days ago. We had a few stations in a gas war last week and they dropped every few hours.

slsh

member since 1999
Sheesh, I need to move!!! I was excited because it's $3.35 at the cheap station in town as of yesterday. And then I thought about how the oil companies have really done a number on my perception because I'm *excited* to be paying $3.35, LOL.

I know this will seriously date me, but I remember gas being $0.36/gal in my childhood. Remember how shocking it was to pay more than $1.00/gal?? And here I am now, absolutely joyful, to be paying $3.35.

donna723

I think I need to move too! Ours stayed at $3.79 for a long time, then dropped to $3.59. Now it's $3.29, the lowest it's been in a long, long time. I have a very small car and had about a quarter of a tank left - I went in today and bought $20 worth of gas and it filled it almost up! That's officially the fullest my tank has ever been since I've had this car! I will never understand the pricing though ... why it's way below $3 in some areas and 10 cents a gallon cheaper if I go to the next county!

Nancy

slsh, I can remember in the mid 70's when husband was in law school and I was working, we drove together (only hasd one car) and we would roll our pennies and get gas for one roll of pennies. It got us back and forth downtown for a couple days.

Nancy

goldenguru

Still around $3.30/gallon here - how sad is it that I think that this is 'cheap'? LOL.

Now if they could just do something about the price of groceries - I would be very, very happy!

SRL

I was so excited to see 2.98 on Friday that I quick turned the car around before it had time to change. My van gets terrible gas milage (13 mpg) but it's almost paid for and we need something that can tow our camper so I'm pretty much stuck with it. I have cut back on trips--that's for sure.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ours is under 3.00. Not sure exactly what it is. But Nichole has been doing the happy dance. lol Odd since her car is the one that burns the less gas of anyone in the family. I'm sure she'll update me later on what it is today.........she's been doing it since thursday. :rofl:

Now I want the price of food to go down. I just paid double for stick margarine than I used to. Man that Peeved me off.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Another person who needs to move. Last time I looked it was down to $3.39 (which I thought was good until I read this).

Star*

call 911........call 911
Checking in from South Carolina - WE filled up this AM for $3.21 a gallon and then drove by Walmart and they had it for $3.15 -

Honestly I about cried when DF handed me the slip from a FILL UP and it was $42......

At first I said - WHY didn't you fill it up? And when he said "I did!!" I almost cried. Maybe I can work a couple less hours a week and still make the bills.

KEEP GAS GOING DOWN~!

But one thing is FOR SURE - WE ALL LEARNED a valuable lesson on conservation - because I reallly CAN get all the things I need done for a week in ONE trip - In a very small way I'm glad as it has put the Star house in a crisis mode - and made us start looking at HOW we're wasting and HOW we can all do better.

:redface:

meowbunny

We're "down" to $3.34.99. Ridiculous when the wages around here are barely above minimum wage (a good salary is anything over $10/hour). But certainly beats the $3.98 we were paying two weeks ago!

Andy

Like Nicole, my easy child is also doing the happy dance! We are down to $2.549. My diva who could care less what the price of gas was while going to school because mom and dad paid is now realizing what the cost of everything means in the pocket book. She was so funny the other day when she called me. "Mom! Have you seen the price of gas today?" "Yes" "Wow, it is really low!" Oh for this generation to really know what low should be.

KTMom91

Must be a California thing...the lowest I've seen around here is $3.49. I hear about it from Miss KT all the time...but instead of driving a 77 Silverado, she could be driving a Saturn...

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Just coming home it is now down to 2.49. I like whatever is going on here. I just know that it won't last. I mean a drop that much is not going to keep happening but darn if I won't be thrilled while it is.

beth

Woofens

SO (who is the manager/operator at a full serve station)says the prices will fall and be low until after the election, then not to count on them staying low. Got to enjoy it while we can :)

donna723

I wondered about the groceries thing too. Since the high price of gas is the main reason they gave for the price of groceries going up in to the stratosphere ... if the price of gas stays low for a while, should we look for lower prices on groceries too? I bought margarine this morning too - a few months ago it was $.99, now it's $1.50!

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen though.