Arghhhhh

klmno

Thanks! He might not really be trying to manipulate- it's just that I see him giving into temptaition sometimes because he thinks he can get by with it. He's upstairs right now and supposed to be in bed, but I hear him walking around. Is he going to be able to get up for school ontime in the morning? And I have fussed at him 3 times tonight to get into bed. He's lost priviledges and he's still up. I can't make him go to sleep, but if he wasn't taking things for granted, wouldn't he be lying in bed?

smallworld

Or you could look at it that he's anxious about tomorrow and can't get himself to settle down to sleep (which is how my difficult child was until we added Seroquel to his medication mix). Perhaps your difficult child needs something to help him sleep.

Jena

Hi

I just wanted to jump in and just offer my support. I know it can be so difficult at times like a puzzle.

I wish you luck and a good day today. :)

klmno

Thanks SW & Jen. He was in bed about the time I last posted last night so I didn't try the ativan yet. He seems to be against trying it but I'm trying to discuss with him what it is used for- his grandmother takes something similar. I want to try it this weekend.

He did get up and go to school on time this morning but he looks like cr*p again. This should be an interesting conversation with the principal. She'll probably want a letter from psychiatrist which is hard to get because psychiatrist had to write so many last year for the courts.