Arrested by SWAT Team

HeadlightsMom

Received info that our son was arrested and booked into jail at 2 a.m. today. This, we've seen several times before. However, somehow (not sure how) his prior probation officer obtained a picture of the event. She sent it to me.

I've learned a lot over decades of parenting our deeply troubled son. But I was not prepared for the impact of seeing armored cars, and fully-geared up rifles and SWAT team surrounding him in cuffs. This was clearly a big sting and we may just see it on the news tonight.

I was unprepared for the emotional impact of seeing that photo.

A little better now (first saw it this morning), but.........still processing. I know the story factually. But my heart is still processing the severity of that photo. Will take a little while to absorb.

Still leaving on road trip tomorrow a.m. Really looking forward to getting away -- geographically, at least. I'm sure we'll feel refreshed again over the next few days. And, as always, it is my plan to reclaim my gratitude, perspective and joy. Just maybe not today. But perhaps tomorrow. Just gotta keep the faith -- that's the name of the game.

New Leaf

Assume he's in town, but not sure. We have now gone right through Thanksgiving, Christmas and his 26th birthday (last week) with no real contact. We do swap private FB messages now and then and tell each other we love each other. But that's it. No other details. We know from experience that when there's something good to tell, he tells he promptly, proudly and publicly. Silence means drugs and crime.
OMG Headlights, talk about TIMING. These kids have a freaking radar for happiness and relaxation.......Not if they can help it.......try this on for size......BOOM kanani, as we say here in the islands......
I know the story factually. But my heart is still processing the severity of that photo. Will take a little while to absorb.
Oh boy, my heart beat faster as I read this. So sorry for the pain of this. OUCH.

And, as always, it is my plan to reclaim my gratitude, perspective and joy. Just maybe not today. But perhaps tomorrow. Just gotta keep the faith -- that's the name of the game.
Get it out my dear, sorry for your need to be here and vent but good Lord, the timing of it all, its eerie. Prayers going up for you to process this on through, then let it go and pick yourself up and have a GREAT trip........
(((HUGS)))
leafy

so ready to live

Lil--I'm so sorry this had to happen and I'm sorry it had to happen now. Just didn't "get out-a-Dodge" in time. BUT IN YOUR WORDS....
Still leaving on road trip tomorrow a.m. Really looking forward to getting away -- geographically, at least. I'm sure we'll feel refreshed again over the next few days. And, as always, it is my plan to reclaim my gratitude, perspective and joy. Just maybe not today. But perhaps tomorrow. Just gotta keep the faith -- that's the name of the game.
..and what good words they are...despite the lousy timing but really, who but us says, when would be a good time for our kids to go to jail? It's absurd. As you get away together in the next weeks, I'll pray for peace. That's all--peace. Prayers.

Nature

I'm glad to hear you are still going on a road trip as you need to heal your battered soul from that experience. I'm sorry that happened to you. Hugs from me. I too hope you find your joy again.

SeekingStrength

Headlights,

Along with all the others, I am happy you are getting away on a road trip. If you did not already have one planned, I'd be urging you to get one together - pronto.

I am sorry this happened. As we always hope and pray for, perhaps your son will be open to, and receive, the help he needs.

Lucky me, while folding laundry years ago, saw my firstborn son's mugshot and heard his story (and, we all know that there is much more to it than what the viewing audience sees) on the state news one evening. Nothing like it. Ugh. Hope you keep your television turned off this evening.

Please keep us posted on your trip experiences. Here is to a great trip and making memories - something you DO have control over.

Hugs,

SS

savior no more

his prior probation officer obtained a picture of the event. She sent it to me.
I'm not so sure that wasn't the cruelest thing I could think of. Perhaps they think they were doing you a favor, but images sometimes are better left unshared. Our graphic, instant tell-all world leaves much of us with PTSD on a daily basis.
I'm am deeply sorry for this happening. Sometimes they will use the armored cars here in this small, redneck town if there's the remotest possibility of them being hurt. I might start a rant, but it seems to me they escalate beyond what's necessary at times. Don't get me wrong, I respect and understand the harm that police officers put themselves in. I also know my son probably would have been shot by them a few weeks ago had he not turned himself in. I was just waiting to hear it on the news.

My prayer will be a clear mind for you focused solely on the immediate surroundings, able to enjoy your life and a spirit of love, healing, and peace for your son.

pigless in VA

I agree with SNM. I don't like the fact that the PO sent you the photo in the first place; you didn't need to see that particular scene. :group-hug:I'm sorry for your hurting heart.

PonyGirl65

Definitely not a good image. ((((Big Hugs)))) Glad you have a safe place to vent! Gentle thoughts to you as you absorb the jolt. Hope you are able to enjoy your trip and grab that good relaxation & revitalization!!

Carri

I am so sorry. Just when you think it can't get any worse, huh?

"God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

You're a strong woman and I think it's great that you're going on your trip. I hope you find peace and serenity on your adventure. Hugs to you, Carri

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
So sorry to hear this. I know how much it hurts when our Difficult Child make bad choices. Hope that you can find some peace for yourself during this difficult time and I hope he will see the light and change his destructive ways (my Difficult Child too please!).

Nomad

Staff member
Unless you requested the photo, I'm unsure if why it was sent to you.
It's good you are continuing with your trip. Yes, keep moving forward and keep the faith.