Arrggghhhhhh! ANOTHER phone bill

TerryJ2

OMG, difficult child used two phones at once during his computer game exploits. I got the bill for our second line, which is what I have my DSL on. It is nearly $200!
I finally got a hold of a person who speaks English with-o an accent and I kept her on the phone for 15 min yesterday, having her explain the diff between a total monthly block (as Janet had to do) and a one-by-one svc block. She put a 2-mo hold on the charges while Verizon investigates them. They will call the 1-900 #s and find out the details.
So now I have to call back and try to find that same woman.
OMG, I hate this.

We took away difficult child's computer--completely disassembled it--and suddenly he had become very social. He had been to 3 diff friend's houses this week. I know d*mn well he is using their computers. But at least he is getting out and walking around instead of living in a cave.
One problem semi-solved, another crops up. He is good about calling every hour but he hasn't done a lick of homework.
:sigh:

klmno

I know d*mn well he is using their computers.

Of course he is. Don't be surprised if you later learn that he's doing more on theirs than he would be doing at home. I don't know about your neighborhood, but even when difficult child and I were living in an upper middle class neighborhood in a good sd, their were kids left alone in their homes with friends over, no supervision, and full access to anything in the house. And a few had games in the house I would never let difficult child play at his young age.

TerryJ2

Their moms were both home. They both live within a mile, so I can zip over any time. *I* am certainly meeting new people, too!
He had a new backpack yesterday, which he said his friend's mom gave to him because is was raining. It is flat and red and looks like a pizza delivery case. I know an adult gave it to him because he couldn't care less if his books get wet. :)
by the way, the other mom came over Wed night, angry, because the boys (3 of them) went from house to house and didn't tell her where they were going. difficult child kept changing his mind every two seconds and they ended up over here. The third kid is probably grounded; his parents took away his phone and then couldn't get a hold of him (one of the downsides to taking away a phone). However, as Mom # 2 pointed out, "You couldn't have used C's phone? Or the phone on the wall over there?"
I think someone cut these boys out with-a cookie cutter. And it was defective.

DammitJanet

I had that thought too. Hope you have warned those parents so they know not to let him use their phones or the internet at their houses.

TerryJ2

Good point. We had a mtng with-the psychiatrist this a.m. and I asked difficult child if he had learned a lesson. He said yes.
I have no idea if he really did.
More on that on another thread.