Arrgghhh! Un **** Believable! I'm ready to Quit!

L

Liahona

The legislature probably has a health and human services committee (it might go under a different name in your state) that decide funding for the problem agency. Those would be some people to contact. Who is on that committee is public record.

exhausted

DF,
I have not read all responses but a red flag went up when I saw media. I went to a NAMI meeting a few weeks ago and met a mom who called in the media for even more aweful issues with DCFS. They dropped her like a hot potato and she has no services, no money for a lawyer etc. We have recently begun a law suit and also lost services through Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Judge even dropped all JJS involvement when our lawyer showed up to court for the review. I do not trust the system and I have found that the more you advocate the more they label you. Try honey (I did not have success with this either by the way). But maybe, calling the old worker who closed the case and finding out what happened is a starting place. If you need their help keep asking away until you find the yes man. The media almost always ends up costing you something. Im sorry-we need an advocacy group for those of us who are depending on support through the state in any form. Hang in there.