As I type

everywoman

They are putting in my new floor!! Yeah! I waited until the kids were grown, and I didn't have to worry about roller blades, or skateboards, or tap shoes ruining it. I am covering about 1500 square feet, the living room, kitchen, dining room, and den, foyer and hallway. Goodbye ugly smelly carpet and ripped linoleum---hello new wood floors. Yeah for me!

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Katmom, I bet it's gorgeous. I have ripped out some carpeting and put wood or tile floors. It just looks so clean. I love the warm look of wood. Congratulations for having made to this point. :bravo: Enjoy. </span>

Lothlorien

Whaaaaaaa.

I am so jealous. My linoleum looks terrible and my dog just did something nasty on my carpet this morning and caused a big stain right in front of the entertainment center. I can't get it out.

Good for you! I hope you enjoy your beautiful new floors!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>I want to warn you about your dog on wood floors....until he/she gets used to them there is sliding and skidding that can occur. Just provide a few rugs to slow the skid......other than that I love my wood floors!!!</span>

:wink: :thumb:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Add me to the jealous list.

Last year when Precious had her pups she decided to do so right smack in the middle of my livingroom. Most of the stains are gone (she just had to move around during birth) but not all. I'm going to work on them again during spring break.

husband and I discussed new carpet. I decided to hold off til the kids are out of the house. Although I'm tempted to check the condition of the wood floor under the carpet we have now. I know how to sand them down and make them beautiful again. Just don't know how to look without ruining the carpet that is there.

Good for you for doing something nice for yourselves. Enjoy! :bravo: