As much as she....

MommaK

Drives me up a wall and makes me want to pull my hair out, I am grateful for my difficult daughter. She has in her difficultness (is that a word) pushed me out of my comfort zone and forced me to up my game and be a better mom and person. Don't think I don't sometimes wish she was easier, but I am thankful for her the way she is. She loves people for who they are. She does not see color, religion, disability or anything else; to her people are just people. She really does have a good heart and would give the shirt off her back to help someone in need. She is sometimes gullible and at other times to smart for her own good. She likes to stand out and be different, but wants to be accepted and fit in at the same time. In so many ways she is a typical 14 year old young lady in spite of her bipolar. I just wanted to take a minute and point out some good points about my daughter. I know we get so caught up in the day to day stresses of our lives with our kids; I just don't want to get so caught up in the difficult that I forget the good moments and parts of her.

pasajes4

You are so right MK. I do think we focus so much on the negative that we forget to let them know that we recognize their positive qualities. They hear so much negative stuff at school and then at home that after awhile they just give up trying.