As you guys know difficult child#1 is SO close to my heart...to tell or not to tell..that is ?

exhausted

DDD-I am so sorry for your news. My grandmother lived for over 20 years after her surgery for this. She did very well. Please take care of you. difficult child loves you so he will want to help. Hopefully he will only have slips and not relapses. This is stressful right now. God bless you. ((((Hugs)))

DDD

Thanks again. As always I appreciate the support. I'm going to let this thread fade away for now. I'm having surgery on the 17th and will post something new before I blast off. Hugs. DDD

DammitJanet

DDD...Im glad you told him. I was very upset when I found out via facebook that my dad had stage 3 lung cancer. That is really not the way to learn things like that. I so wish my dad had felt that he could have told me upfront. I have no idea how long it would have been before I would have gone on in the dark if I hadnt found out online and then called him and asked him point blank if it was true. I was devastated to be the last to know. I felt I should have been the second after his wife.

Tiredof33

I agree, I would have been hurt to find out from someone else. Prayers for you and your during this really rough time.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
That is such a typical difficult child response DDD. It takes a while for things to register with them what things actually MEAN.

I am pretty close with Danny. I cannot go anywhere for any length of time without him calling me to see if I am ok, where am I, when am I comming home, and got forbid if I tell him 6:00 and then get waylaid till 7:00, then its constant calling till I answer my phone. Its constant communication with him for a mom status. SO just rolls his eyes when he hears my phone ring LOL But when I was in the hospital, I didn't get one call. Why was that? Well, he knew where I was, and SO kept him updated daily (he did constantly ask how I was). When I got home, some of his friends came to visit and said Danny was really worried about me, kept everyone updated on his FB page and was asking for prayers when I went into the operating room. It was an eyebrow raiser for me, especially as far as the prayer thing goes as he was not raised in a religious household- don't even think he was ever in a church LOL He did step up when I came home though even though there was really nothing for him to do, he always asked if there was something I needed him to get for me.

I think as long as they know what is happening, its easier for them to cope

Marcie

DDD

Got it, Marcie. difficult child#1 is part tough guy....and then over half of him is his "mama's boy" and he just laughs when people mention my involvement. Just yesterday he was at the store and a customer came in who laughingly said "you better treat me right or your Mama's goin' to get you". difficult child#1 laughed and replied "aren't you the one who was one of my Mama's snitches and told me I better get out of the wrong side of town before she heard about it?" :bravo:

This "kid" is 25 years old and he honestly believes that I had "a posse" out watching him and reporting back to me during his horrible teen years. It is true that my customers are a bit on the "rough" side, lol, but I never shared a word about difficult child. Everyone knows I love the guts out of the kid and he reciprocates. LOL.

Like your difficult child...he will be praying and asking for prayers. He's got a great memory for early learning so he'll likely sound like the Pope. DDD:beautifulthing:

lovemysons

DDD,
I am so very very sorry I have not been on the board for such a long while now and had no idea what you have been going through.
As you know, you are one of my all time favorite people here and this news really pulls at my heart.
I am glad easy child/difficult child now knows what is going on...but you are not responsible for he how handles the situation. Ya know I too tried so hard to make it "easy" on young difficult child while he lived with us...trying to be an ear for him, trying not to get too emotional about things...Just trying anyway I thought possible to avoid his falling back into hard drinking or suicidal ideation. But, we are not the one's who have to walk the walk...It is for them to own up to and do for self.

I pray for you, for your husband and for easy child/difficult child. I know you will get through this...as YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN, smile. But, you are also human and will need supports. I am proud to know you DDD, always have been.

Love to you,
LMS

DDD

Thanks, LMS. It's a little crazy around here but it will be what it will be. Family support will help. Hugs DDD

Ephchap

DDD, I sent you a message.

Please know that I'm in your corner, as is everyone else. Sending many hugs and prayers.

TerryJ2

I agree, he will be hurt if you don't tell him. You'll find the right time. :)

Many, many hugs. I've been thinking about you.

I just realized that he's the same age as my niece. :)