Asked My Son to Leave

Lost in sadness

I can relate to all of these stories. The drama, the abuse, the drugs, the tears the manipulation, the lies and the absolute pain and debilitating misery it causes us as mothers. I would not wish this on anyone but equally I do not know anyone personally that is going through this. Not one single person. It can feel very lonely and this is a place where it feels ok to tell my story, to be honest, with kind, non judgmental people that truly understand because they are walking similar paths. xx

BusynMember

Drug abuse is a huge problem and one that many hide from others. Trust me, you have some silent company close by.

Al Anon was the first time I actually got to talk with others in my situation. It felt like I wasnt alone anymore, and I could cry and others understood.

In general people are afraid to share this.

Hugs and more hugs.

Mcmary

It is so hard to do this but you must! (Yes, your gut is telling you to do the right thing). Your daughter shouldn't be exposed to any of this and she has a right to have happy parents. It seems to me that he is still young enough to possibly turn it around but it may be years and being tough is the best thing you can do for him. My sister went through something similar with her daughter. She is now in her 30's and doing pretty well. On her own but still not as responsible as we would wish for her. But my sister cut her off. Wondered where she was, if she was even alive for over 2 years. It's hell. At least you still have your daughter and she needs you more!