Assistance with Residential Treatment Facility (RTF)

KAS

So I have a 9yr old daughter - and after 3 ER visits and 2 weeks in acute hospital we were told she needed longer inpatient treatment. only place in city has a 3 month wait list. I have to have 2 people here with me every night to deal with her and manage life for other siblings... it's a battle all day long and only rest is when she finally passes out. Any advice on how to find a longer inpatient center (Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) or Residential Treatment Center (RTC)?).. I seem to be getting no support from Docs or case maangers... they expect us to wait until a local opening occurs and I'm not sure we will make it one more day..

T

TeDo

Wow, sounds very intense. Welcome to our "family". Sorry, but I have to ask some questions before offering any opinions. They are just standard questions we usually ask to clarify things. Have the docs given her any specific diagnoses? Is she currently on any medication? Can you give us detailed accounts of the types of behaviors that have led to the hospital visits/stays? Does she display any behaviors in school? What is your family "make-up"? Are there any mental health issues on either side of the family tree (diagnosed or suspected)? Another important question is: What state/country are you in? We come from all over the US and various other countries. People from your area would be the best ones to give you the best recommendations aboaut services based on laws & procedures in your area.

Steely

Welcome....yes please give us more details so that we can help in a more complete way. So sorry are going through this, but we are here to help and support you in any way we can.