At My Witt's End

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I am glad you are doing better.

Keep praying because that sure helps you not feel alone and we are always here for you as we are here for one another!

:staystrong:

Copabanana

I want to respond but don't feel I have much to offer those that are hurting other than my prayers.
Hi OW. I am happy for you that things are going better with your kids, and that you feel more control and worthy in your life. I want to say only one thing. I don't agree with your decision to not post here because you feel you don't have much to offer. This is untrue. But more than this, by this outlook you deprive yourself of what I consider the most powerful way to heal, know yourself and grow in strength. We develop as we post. Posting builds muscle in the same way that does physical exercise. By responding to others you begin to know your own voice. Even writing your own doubts and insecurities helps, to identify them and to overcome them, and put them in the past.

We need you OW. You have great compassion and heart. That is rare in this world.

In my own case in the first couple of years I was here I posted sometimes 25 times a day. I can't believe I did that but I did. I was not as quick a learner as are you. It took me years before I could put into place the necessary boundaries with my son, in my own head, and in my life.

I look forward to your posts, OW. We need in this life to strengthen our voice, and to put it out there. Our voice is necessary for our empowerment. Through our voice we empower others. I think you understand that. We need your voice.

Overwhelmed1

Thank you all for the kind words. Nothing is perfect but I see light in my tunnel and everyday my kids surprise me with their kindness.
I am seeing the children I once knew. They are kind and being generous. This has helped my anxiety and depression so much. Feeling positive and being able to actually have a conversation with God and meditate on what He is putting in my heart makes all the difference.
I am not pushing any religion or beliefs on anyone, but this is what helps me the most and I need to be honest with myself.

Copa, thank you for the sweet comment. You encourage me to speak (write) my feelings and not be worried they will be misunderstood.
I love this place and will always be a part of this forum. I will make an effort to write more.

Praying everyone has a blessed day and can feel the peace and love in this world even during the chaos.

Peace and Love

Denise2017

Dear Overwhelmed

I agree with the others, and want to add a couple ideas. First, SSRI's (older versions are Zoloft, Paxil, etc. but there are newer ones too) are a type of anti-depressant that many people take, including many, many professionals who work in the medical field. They are taken for many reasons not only for depression. I can't see how anybody could be stigmatized for taking this kind of medication. I am a medical professional. When I have been depressed I have not hesitated to take this medication until I have stabilized myself.

Second, 12 step groups such as Al Anon or AA are anonymous. I have gone, and among the people there are medical doctors and nurses and attorneys, and administrators, teachers and professors, and everybody. Nobody is exempt from problems. And the best way to deal with them, is together.

My grandmother used to say that the best remedy for illness is air. I do as she did. Every day I open up my whole house to the breeze. I open doors and windows so that there is a cross-current, and the stale air can be blown out by the fresh air. Even when it's cold I do this. And every time I do, I think of my grandmother.

What she was doing was not only moving air, she was moving energy.

Right now your home has become stagnant with stale and unhealthy energy. Your family has become abusive, and you, their victim. Nobody, and I mean nobody could tolerate this without succumbing. What you are experiencing is the natural consequence of the conditions in which you are living. It's not your fault.

I think there needs to be a several pronged response, which nobody could do alone. When we are alone, and when we keep things secret, thoughts and feelings keep swirling in our heads and we can't escape easily from them. This is how anti-depressants and 12 step groups help. They air out our brains. We can open ourselves up to healing breezes. We get support to move.

Right now you're all bottled up, locked up and tied up. The first step is to begin little by little to step out of these chains. Remembering that what you are experiencing is an entirely normal reaction to the conditions you're in. And then on top of everything, all of us are in this petri dish of coronavirus. Alone. Isolated. Afraid.

There are remedies for these feelings too. But the first thing to know is this: you're not alone. You are just fine, who you are. That this is happening to you, is not you. You are good and whole and healthy. You have it within you to separate yourself from this toxicity. To remember that the toxicity is not you. It's the effect of circumstances that you can and will change. I love you.
My grandmother used to say that the best remedy for illness is air. I do as she did. Every day I open up my whole house to the breeze. I open doors and windows so that there is a cross-current, and the stale air can be blown out by the fresh air. Even when it's cold I do this. And every time

Denise2017

Dear Overwhelmed

I agree with the others, and want to add a couple ideas. First, SSRI's (older versions are Zoloft, Paxil, etc. but there are newer ones too) are a type of anti-depressant that many people take, including many, many professionals who work in the medical field. They are taken for many reasons not only for depression. I can't see how anybody could be stigmatized for taking this kind of medication. I am a medical professional. When I have been depressed I have not hesitated to take this medication until I have stabilized myself.

Second, 12 step groups such as Al Anon or AA are anonymous. I have gone, and among the people there are medical doctors and nurses and attorneys, and administrators, teachers and professors, and everybody. Nobody is exempt from problems. And the best way to deal with them, is together.

My grandmother used to say that the best remedy for illness is air. I do as she did. Every day I open up my whole house to the breeze. I open doors and windows so that there is a cross-current, and the stale air can be blown out by the fresh air. Even when it's cold I do this. And every time I do, I think of my grandmother.

What she was doing was not only moving air, she was moving energy.

Right now your home has become stagnant with stale and unhealthy energy. Your family has become abusive, and you, their victim. Nobody, and I mean nobody could tolerate this without succumbing. What you are experiencing is the natural consequence of the conditions in which you are living. It's not your fault.

I think there needs to be a several pronged response, which nobody could do alone. When we are alone, and when we keep things secret, thoughts and feelings keep swirling in our heads and we can't escape easily from them. This is how anti-depressants and 12 step groups help. They air out our brains. We can open ourselves up to healing breezes. We get support to move.

Right now you're all bottled up, locked up and tied up. The first step is to begin little by little to step out of these chains. Remembering that what you are experiencing is an entirely normal reaction to the conditions you're in. And then on top of everything, all of us are in this petri dish of coronavirus. Alone. Isolated. Afraid.

There are remedies for these feelings too. But the first thing to know is this: you're not alone. You are just fine, who you are. That this is happening to you, is not you. You are good and whole and healthy. You have it within you to separate yourself from this toxicity. To remember that the toxicity is not you. It's the effect of circumstances that you can and will change. I love you.
Thank you for this Copabanana. I am back here reading the sage advice from the kind and wise members. You quote above really hit a note with me.

I hope you, Overwhelmed and the entire community are doing well. Wishing peace and calm to all.