mother in law is.......not good. One side of her heart is greatly enlarged, she's swollen up like a balloon, her lungs are basically shot and I think we're at the end. The doctor and husband want to give her one more chance....so the doctor is doing something for 24 hours ending tomorrown morning. After that.....husband will have them disconnect the vent and discontinue treatment assuming that she makes it till then. There is a chance of cardiac failure and if that happens, husband had said to let her go. husband is really the one I'm worried about. He's taking this so hard, playing the would have/should have/could have game and beating himself up about every single thing. Logically he knows it's the end but he is all heart and it's tearing him up. We'll be staying up here all night and then .....well... husband can't bring himself to go further than the ICU waiting room right now. We'll run home a bit later and gather a few things and then come back up to set up camp in the waiting room. I have the laptop with me and will update when I can but I've been keeping close to husband. I was going to run home by myself to grab some things but he doesn't want me to leave him. If I go, he goes. If the 24 hours doesn't help (and I honestly don't expect it to), husband will have them turn off the vent and discontinue treatment. Once that happens....we really don't know how long it will take. As bad of shape her heart and lungs are, you would think it would be soon but who knows. Once it happens though, we'll be taking her down to Kentucky where she is from. I'll keep in touch by text with a few of you but I may be off for a while. Like I said, I'll update when I can.