At the start of a kinder gentler nation I thought some quotes...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Would lift our spirits. What are your favorite Kindness quotes. Or just quotes that make you feel good.
TM used to start threads like this and we haven't in awhile.

Here are some that I really like:

Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it. ~Author Unknown

Don't be yourself - be someone a little nicer. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Those are a few I had bookmarked...

tiredmommy

Thanks Totoro. It's always good to read positive and uplifting quotes, it helps me think outside my little life. :)

Jena

ooh ooh I have one (me raising my hand :) )

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

"We never need be ashamed of our tears" Charles Dickens

Thanks T!!! Cool idea

ok, who is next?

Jena

one more love this one....

"The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world. I am like a snowball the more I am rolled the more I gain" Susan B. Anthony

susiestar

Roll With It
As books are my very favorite thing, and I am gathering quotes to design a line of cross stitching patterns, I thought I would share these:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown

This is truly My kind of decorating:

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~Anna Quindlen, "Enough Bookshelves," New York Times, 7 August 1991

Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. ~William Hazlitt

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. ~Mark Twain

I LOVE these quotes! Susie

LittleDudesMom

Great post! This is interesting timing because easy child was putting together information for her senior snapshot in the yearbook last week. She and I did some research on inspiring quotes and I found a number I really liked. I printed them out for the fridge. Here are a few...

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change. - Budda

Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep. - Carl Sandburg

The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt. - Frederick Buechner

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh. - Friedrich Nietzshe

And one that I live by ~

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Thanks Susie!

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
SEND ALL YOUR CANDY TO STAR.............

SEND YOUR COINS AND SHINEY THINGS TO STAR>>>>>

oh go on......

Okay -

Be the change that you want to see in the world - Ghandi

I like your Christ - I'm not so sure about most of your Christians - Ghandi

Makes ya think.

trinityroyal

I kind of like this one

I have gathered a posie of other men's flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own. --John Bartlett

This was said by John Bartlett of Bartlett's Familiar Quotations

Lothlorien

I'm a bit of a Robert Burns fan...

Dare to be honest and fear no labor.
- Robert Burns

Man's inhumanity to man Makes countless thousands mourn.
- Robert Burns

Prudent, cautious self-control, is wisdom's root.
- Robert Burns

There are a few others that I'm fond of too.

F

flutterbee

I'd like to share something profound, but the only thing coming into my head is....

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony

I like this one, Sharon:

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change. - Budda