Aubrey the budding difficult child (a funny)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aubrey, being her mother's child, and therefore an intense animal lover......now has a dog, a cat, and a tank full of fishes. The fishes came about when Darrin got a tank full of his own for xmas. Seems Aubrey missed them when she wasn't over playing with Darrin. lol

The other day Aubrey let her parents sleep late instead of jumping on the bed to let them know she's awake. Nichole woke up some time later. Now the fish tank is positioned so that Nichole can see it as she walks out of her bedroom. And right off she noticed the tank was missing quite a few fish!

So, Nichole questions Aubrey. Little chatter box is attempting to talk Mommy's arm off with long drawn out explanations as Mommy is rushing around searching for dead fish.:tongue:

Nichole discovers 3 fish in a bowl of water. Aubrey explains that they're a Mommy fish, a Daddy fish, and a "baby" fish and needed to be together. Next Nichole finds a couple in a cup of water. Those fishes were lonely, Aubrey explains and needed to be together.

Nichole found cups and bowls of fish all over the living room with similar explanations from Aubrey. Some fish were "friends" and wanted to play together. Others were families, others were lonely. I think one was going to "work".

:rofl: :rofl:

Nichole was horrified that Aubrey had gotten up, managed to scoop the fish out of the tank (which is on their kitchen table) and deposit them into bowls and cups. And amazed that none of them seemed any worse for wear. Aubrey bawled while Mommy put them back into the tank while telling her they were already all "together" when they were in the tank. lmao

Then Nichole dug out the lid for the tank and duct taped it on to protect the fish from Aubrey wanting to play with them. :rofl:

Kids. Gotta love 'em.:D

donna723

Lisa, thinking back, did you ever put that 'Mothers Curse" on Nichole? The one that goes, "Some day you will have a child of your own and I hope that they are just like you!" ... and they can take that any way they want to! I'm sure Nichole will laugh about this ... later.

My daughter is finding all this out too and hers is only nine months old!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
As a matter of fact Donna.................

I passed on that curse to each one of my kids. And so far it's worked. Nichole has Aubrey and easy child has Darrin who is her double in personality. lol

Travis will need some serious help when he becomes a father. :rofl: I must have cursed him a million times. :D

OMG Janet they smashed them?? Poor fishies! lol So glad I'm not the one who had to clean them up. eww!

KTMom91

I think Aubrey is a very considerate girl to notice that the fishies needed some extra attention!

Sounds like something Miss KT would have done...sigh.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My dad raised black angelfish (one of the first breeders to get a true black with little to no barring) commercially.

He dealt with my wanting to get into the tanks by giving me my very own breeding pair of black angelfish. I was so fascinated with caring for them, watching them lay eggs and raise the babies, that I lost all interest in playing with the other fish.

I also got the keep the money I made when I sold the babies at the local fish store.

klmno

LOL!! I think she did a very good job of entertaining herself and must have been careful since all the fish were fine. She probably scooped up water from the tank and that helped the fish more than being tossed in tap water. Cute story!

Ok, I have to make myself get more work done now!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I was thinking the same thing, that she used tank water as tap water, or even non-treated water at a different temperature would've killed them.

Watch the fishies, though--stress can do a real number on their immune systems and it's not uncommon for stressed fish to crop up with infections (Ich being the most common) due to lowered immune systems.

What sort of fish do you have?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
GN

Nichole has a few gold fish, a few others I'm not sure what they are, odd sort of catfish, a beta fish, and a few angel fish. I'm surprised they all do well together in the same tank, but they sure seem to. :)

She's planning on getting a baby gate for Aubrey's room so she can't wander in the mornings. lol

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, it could be worse. I have a friend with about 7 little boys. ALL boys. All hers and her husband's.

When the oldest was almost in kdg, she got them all down for a nap one day. She went up to check on them later and found their fishtank had almost no water in it. It DID have 3 long straws in it.

The boys DRANK a tank full of water (she had 4 of them at this point!). No one was hurt and she finally was able to joke about.

So it really could be worse. At least Aubrey just played with them.