Authenticity

RE, what can I say about your last post... so full of meat. I have a file on my computer that I save quotes bits and pieces of posts from people on this site and call it Wise Thoughts. I have copied your whole post to that file, so I can eat from it when i need to. It is too much digest all at once. Thank you

TerryJ2

Wow. I'm only halfway through these notes and have to finish later, after I look up "identified scapegoat." Ours was mostly one of my sisters, but in general, it was a rotating ID. Whose turn is it this week? o_O

BusynMember

Terry, that happens too with dysfunctional divide and conquer mothers. Did your mother have a Golden Child, one who could do no wrong. Did she play you against one another? Are you close to your siblings now or is there resentment?

TerryJ2

Somewhereoutthere, she did try to play us against one another after my older sisters moved out ... but once we'd see one another in person, and we had a face-to-face, it would be straightened out. So we all figured it out. We are close enough to call one another once or twice a month. (We live all across the U.S.).
Yes, there is the Golden Child/Hero, the Clown, the Scapegoat, the Lost One/Invisible, the Placater, and the Enabler. Amazing, that if you include my dad, we get all six.
I could do no wrong when I was little, but mostly, I was the Invisible One.

TerryJ2

In regard to being authentic, it was easy with my easy child daughter. She was the easiest, happiest, most talented child anyone could want. Plus, she loved and still loves art. I had so much fun with her! I was actually able to re-live parts of my lost childhood, playing with her and learning to have fun. We wanted more kids but my body isn't cut out for pregnancy and childbirth, so we opted for adoption. The rest of the story is that I am a long-time member of the CD board. :roflmao: