Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) hospital unit! and it was OUR idea...

buddy

Occupational Therapist (OT) at the psychiatric hospital called and said that she is recommending private Occupational Therapist (OT) for difficult child again, he makes remarkable changes when he does the methods she is doing with him. She will put strong wording in her report for direct Occupational Therapist (OT) (he has consult but she does see him every day anyway, but he will change schools next year for h.s. so it needs to be back in the IEP as direct service hours). She said he needs a frequent sensory diet. Not just sensory breaks. I totally agree and he did have this but It was a battle I gave into when I had bigger issues to fight. Now we need something to help and the answer is obviously not all behavioral.

OK so I said that some "friends" (you guys) and I were talking and we feel there needs to be an Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)/Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) unit for kids who need medication adjustments. She said that the new facility they are buildng IS going to have a wing for that AS well AS outpatient. Too bad we didn't patent the idea!

I dont know the timeline for the unit (so may not benefit my difficult child much) but it shows that where he is does focus on Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and that is why they have been so accomodating (as much as can in that kind of a setting I guess) to is Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) needs. HMMM???? Well, if anyone wants to know where this is feel free to ask. I dont know if this chain is part of a national chain or not. I thought local but really dont know. I dont see any national connections in their literature but in any event...just sharing.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That is great news! Both about the Occupational Therapist (OT) recommendation and about the new unit designed / for AS kids. :)