Awesome gift for kids who have a nintendo ds

Mattsmom277

I meant to mention this before but remembered with Christmas coming.

There is a product called R4 (or R4 revolution). It is a super easy to use gadget that allows free downloads of full versions of ALL nintendo DS games. Each card stores upwards of 30-40 games at a time. Game files are freely available online and take only 15 seconds or so to download to a computer and then a few seconds to send to the R4's memory. I then delete the game from my computer. When easy child gets bored of games I delete what she isnt playing and install new games. You literally will never pay $40-50 a game again. Not a penny actually.

You can google R4 cards and order them online from a ton of places. In canada they are priced around $16.95. A great great great gift for a family on a budget, and even without a worrisome budget, kids love it. One cartridge for dozens of games.

Mattsmom277

No problem! I can't believe I was spending so much (couldn't afford it either) for my easy child to have games. She loves her DS but she doesn't have alot of time to play it. Which is good, beats a video game junkie. But also hits extra hard to spend so much on a game that she doesn't get alot of use out of. The R4 is the coolest thing ever. Within an hour of getting it, she had 30plus new games on it and was in her glory.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have been looking at them online. Here in the US the card is legal, but putting games, movies, whatever that you do not own is illegal. Loading the card up with games that you do not pay for is only legal if the games are freeware. Otherwise you must pay the full cost of the game.

It looks like there are a TON of games out there for this, and most of the ones I have found for "free" download are illegal.

Just a warning for those in the US.

Mattsmom277

Oh geesh. I wasn't even thinking. Here in Canada it is legal to download. Games, music, movies etc. I totally wasn't thinking about how it is different in the US.

BusynMember

My oldest son does this, and knows it's illegal. However, as I've spoken of him recently...I think he has a heck of a lot more issues that I thought. It's been years since I've lived with him so I forgot...lol. He has a huge sense of entitlement and even has a chip he bought online so that all his games are free, for all his systems. I don't let him talk about this to my younger son.

Unfortunately, we don't have the option of downloading games legally.

susiestar

Roll With It
MWM, I don't blame you a bit. My folks have had strong words with Wiz over pirating things. He snuck and bought a nintendo ds about a year ago along with the internet card for it. They found him walking along streets trying to latch onto people's internet.

It was an UGLY chat. He refused to see that it was in any way wrong to hijack wifi OR to lie about getting something worth more than a hundred dollars when he didn't even have a JOB. (He stopped eating lunch and kept the lunch money, among other things. Then he came home and was just plain mean until he ate a ton of food.)

He probably has discussed this with my parents, but I will be sure to let my mom know about it just in case.

BusynMember

Star, my son is 32. I don't tell him what to do, except around my minor kids. If he gets caught...well, he can't say he wasn't warned.