Awww--lion video

TerryJ2

Be sure your sound is turned on. The words are perfect (and I've always loved this Whitney Houston piece).
It's a guy who raised a lion and had to let it go, and it recognizes him in later yrs.

(oops, this is an Am Greetings political card ... see below for correct link)

Last edited:

TerryJ2

OMG, ROFL! Well, as long as you got that, go for Obama dancing. His is funnier.

Here's the lion link:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gall darn it all Terry. Now you've made me cry. I've seen pieces of this video before...very touching. Now if they could tackle the nasty cat I'm babysitting...that would be good.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gosh darn it all Terry. Would you take this thing off of here? I can't take watching it one more time.

Abbey

Sara PA

I watched it, then some of the others, then I watched it again. I was in full fledged cry mode and the phone rang. My friend could tell I was crying and was all concerned. LOL I explained it to her. I should see if my connection reaches to her house and take my laptop to show her.

Marguerite

I read the book years ago, and also saw a documentary on it, with George Adamson. Again, years ago. Amazing story, unbelievable, if you didn't actually see it. I mean, if someone told you about it, you would think they had been exaggerating. But you see the clip, you KNOW that lion remembered them!

Marg

Marguerite

His wife Joy Adamson was also murdered.

The blessing of them both is that they changed a lot of views about animal rehabilitation and also raised the profile of wildlife and the need to preserve it. They started a revolution which has snowballed and continues today.

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
There is a video on that website...tried to snag it, but it is awesome about conservation. It makes you weep about going to any roadside zoo.

What a cool life they had, and gave back so much to this world.

Abbey

F

flutterbee

That is the video that my mom kept watching and when I called her and she answered crying she said, "I need a support group." :rofl: Maybe I should direct her to this thread then.

The two guys who raised Christian were recently on the Today Show. You can go to the Today Show's website (whichever show with Meredith Vera or whatever her name is) and search for 'lion reunion' and it'll bring up those guys and you can hear their story.

TerryJ2

I'm confused. A husband and wife who rehabbed the lion were murdered? I thought those two guys raised him. Who died?

Abbey

Spork Queen
The two guys raised the baby tiger for a year, but turned him over to Adamson who is a wildlife god then went back to see the lion a year later. Adamoson's wife was murdered, then he was murdered by poachers. Really a shame.

Short summary? ;)

Abbey

mistmouse

I loved the video, but to set the record straight, this is not a Whitney Houston piece. Dolly Parton wrote and performed the song long before she allowed Whitney Houston to re-record it. Being a country music fan, it upsets me when people credit this song to Whitney Houston. Just my .02 cents worth.

mistmouse