B double O B......me

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Star--

I am so sorry this happened to you...

Unfortunately, the cops were right - "lemon laws" (in other states) do not usually apply to private sellers anyway....the onus is on the buyer to thoroughly check the vehicle before purchase. If you buy the car, pull out of the driveway and travel all of ten feet before the engine explodes....sorry - that's on you. Stinks - but that's the way it is.

My advice? Dismantle the car and sell it for parts...

Or drag the thing to the junkyard and sell it. They pay by the pound. No title necessary if the car is old enough.

You could try and sue for your loss - but since the laws *technically* haven't been broken and the seller did not give you any kind of warranty....you're probably S.O.L. in that regard.

I'm so sorry...

DammitJanet

Well...it may technically be fraud because he didnt just advertise it as a "great car", runs like a champ, driven by a little old lady to church and back.

That is just preening and perfectly legal. What isnt legal is to tell someone that the car has 140,000 miles and you just replaced the transmission and headlights and here is the paperwork on the inspection. And all that is fraudulent paperwork made up on a computer. If you find out that the car has 300,000 miles, wont pass inspection and the gas tank is held together by glue...well...you have been lied to. That is fraud.

Star*

call 911........call 911
He DID advertise it as MECHANICALLY FANTASTIC....sound motor, excellent transmission - etc. Showed a picture of the odometer at 128k.....the picture of the car was taken in the mans YARD that is claiming to have NOTHING to do with it.

Somewhere between Daisy and Janets thoughts are the truth. I'm really angry - and I'm thinking about putting up a sign in this mans town - which is a rather small Southern town - if I can get someone to allow me permission that says in HUGE RED LETTERS ------PLEASE PRAY FOR THE X FAMILY AT ### XXX DRIVE - and then writing to ALL the local churches and telling them what this man did and asking them to please pray for these people - and maybe if they could find it in their hearts for forgiveness - to stop by their house with a gift for their children for Christmas - boys ages 12 and 16 - because if they are doing this to me - they aren't setting a good example for their boys. ON THAT note? I can't be arrested for liable, slander and at some point? These people will get sick of all the attention. If they take the sign down? It's criminal theft/trespassing - it's MY sign.