Baby steps...

PatriotsGirl

Just got a text from M telling me that they got difficult child's warrant cleared up. :)

They got her back in front of the judge today for pre-trial intervention. If she completes her probation in six months and completes her community service, her charges will be dropped. I had no idea they were doing this - the text came out of nowhere. Sure gave me a smile today, though...

Baby steps...

Nancy

It great to see them takes the steps necessary to straighten out the mess the got themselves into. I'm happy to hear this, gosh I thought she was in worse trouble than this so it's very good news.

PatriotsGirl

She called me and I got more info....she has to report to a probation officer, she must get a job within two weeks, and perform community service. The judge said he is not fining her because he knows she cannot afford it...

LOVE that she has to report and really, really love that she has to get a job!!!!! :)

She then asked me for the phone number to make an appointment with the OBGYN.

Baby steps...

PatriotsGirl

I am panicking..

I got a text from difficult child saying "please forgive me. I love you. I am sorry I let you down."

I cannot get a hold of her or M. :-(

Mattsmom277

Started ready to say wow, great baby steps! Then saw your update. Yikes. Any update? Heard from her or M? I'll hope that it sounds awful but really was meant as in "Got my stuff cleared up today and realized I'm so very sorry at my past, I love you, and am sorry that I've been disappointing you, so will do better". Sounds like a drama statement (or worse, crossing fingers not obviously!!!!). But I'm going to hope it came across wrong "in text" and meant my first possibility. Do update when you know something, I know your difficult child is facing a ton of challenges, of her own making to boot. But she is beautiful and smart and full of potential and has a life to consider with her now and I really just root for her to be successful in turning things around because I know from all you have shared these years, that she has all that she needs within her to do great and be great.

PatriotsGirl

Turns out she meant to send it to M. Apparently they were arguing again last night...I am just so thankful it wasn't something bad. That was the same type of text she had sent me when she was expelled from school for trying to sell drugs. So my mind went to really bad places. Ugh. I thought maybe she had got arrested for something and all I kept thinking was go figure - after she finally takes steps to fix her life..

They are arguing all the time. I know husband and I argued a lot our first year, but holy cow. I also talked to my friend last night that just had a baby six months ago and she told me she threw her boyfriend out about three times a week while she was pregnant...lol. Got to love those hormones...must be even worse in difficult children...

Mattsmom277

Whew! Fighting with her boyfriend sounds fairly typical. Glad that turned out to be the situation, opposed to, well any other reason.