Baby Update

J

joneshockey

Hello Everyone~
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been having contraction on and off since Friday. They got to be 5 minutes apart yesterday afternoon and I went to the hospital... however, I was still only @ a 3 and 60% effaced. They had me walk, but after 45 minutes I hadnt changed so they sent me home. I have been still contracted every 5-10 minutes, but the contractions dont seem any stronger. I just wish that she would hurry up and get here... I am turning into an emotional wreck - I have been crying (ok sobbing, uncontrolably for the last hour or so for no apparent reason). I am trying to decide weather or not to call the doctors. office when they open to see if they want to see me today. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should try to get things moving along? I went for 2 walks last night and that didn't seem to do much, since I am still sitting at home this morning.

I also have the added stress of trying to prepare for B1's birthday party that we are having tomorrow evening... Had I thought that I MAY be in labor this early I would've never planned on having his party now. I know if I cancelled it he would be devistated... LUCKY me I get to clean and contract at the same time - it may just be the longest day ever today!

H

HaoZi

I recall there being a lot of old wives tales on how to speed things up, but the only ones I recall off the top of my head are sex and jumping jacks.
And if older brother's party has to be canceled because you're in labor, so be it.

DDD

I'm afraid I don't have any advice on rushing nature. With my last child I was an admit maybe five days before she was born. Contractions stopped after one day and I was sent back home. It was
really upsetting because I had myself "steeled" for labor and delivery and ended up doing laundry and fixing meals. Someimtes that happens and I thoroughly understand the tears you are shedding.

Is there anyone you can get to substitute for you on party day? Chances are that is triggering alot of fears and emotions that you don't need. If the party preparations are done in advance perhaps a relative or friend could carry on the plans if you are unavailable. All you need is one brave soul who will reassure you "if you're not here I will follow the plan and make the party as happy as I possibly can". Good luck. DDD

J

joneshockey

I have decided to pamper myself with a pedicure this afternoon in hopes that it will help relax me and make me feel better about not being a mommy again yet.

slsh

member since 1999
I'm glad to hear you're pampering yourself, but I have to admit I chuckled at the thought of a pedicure - honey, can you even see your toes???? :rofl: Sorry - I'm really warped. ;)

Definitely delegate the b-day party preparations. Or... maybe not??? Nah, definitely do - you do not want to go into delivery being worn out.

Nothing I did ever got labor going. Well, except with- thank you I finally convinced husband that I wasn't ever going to deliver, and silly man believed me. He stayed up until 2 a.m. reading a book and, yep, you guessed it - I went into hard labor at about 2:30 a.m. LOL.

I think tears are just a normal part of the last few weeks. The anticipation, the discomfort, and just being plain worn out. Plus your added concerns right now. I think you've got the right idea - relax, get your mind/body in a really good place, and she will be here before you know it. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that these annoying contractions mean a swift labor and delivery once you get going.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oddly enough.........simply relaxing usually speeds things up. So that pedicure is a good thing.:bigsmile:

Does sound like she'll be here fairly soon. But seriously....relax to it and try not to worry. (about the labor issue) Both my girls did this for a full month before they arrived.......true contractions....just I didn't dialate beyond 4cm. Travis did it from the 5 th month on. By the time Nichole came along......I was so used to early labor I just plain ignored it and went on with life. She arrived on her due date. lol

J

joneshockey

My brother-in-law spent the night at our house last night in case we needed someone to watch the boys. He has been helping me pick up/organize and clean... He has been a GOD SEND! I plan on taking him out to lunch before he has to leave for an appointment. Sue... I agree I can't really see me feet too much, but I am mostly doing it to relax myself and have some time to myself, since it is the week of spring break and both boys are home with me all day. I have a feeling that she will make her appearance when I least expect it or tomorrow night after having an exhausting bowling, pizza, cake and ice cream party with 6 rambunctious 7/8 year olds - LOL!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm having a pedicure now. Enjoy. And tell brother in law you love him. Heck, tell him
I love him!

Last edited: