babysitter backed out

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Rest assured the guidance counselor wouldn't have recommended your easy child. She KNEW the kids she recommended (or didn't recommend - she was actually difficult child 1's counselor, as well, and notice he never got a job at her recommendation...). And we're talking before and after school and 18 year old kids who want jobs, not Friday and Saturday nights and 15 year old kids looking to party. (well, except for one Saturday night that I was desperate and paid one of the girls WAY TOO MUCH money to watch wee difficult child for 4 hours. lol)

All three of difficult child's "girls" stay in touch with him. Two are studying Special Education, the third started there and changed majors. He still thinks they hung the moon.

Comm college is a good idea, tho, too.

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
Hope you find a replacement soon. Sorry for the hiccup in your plans. I had a couple of daycares call me to tell me "pick up your child" and never come back. I've been lucky with- friends kids (college age) that have been coming to my home for the last 3 years. I'm just lucky that they've all hung in there so long with- my difficult child the way she is......

Before that, I worked around my kids school schedule because I couldn't find a sitter yet afford one. The other option I did was open my own home daycare and at one point I was making like $1000/wk with 7 kids. It's HARD work but I got to stay home with- difficult child and pay off debt!

Good luck. I've always seem to have something drop in my lap when it looks grim.....hope the same happens to you.

Jena

Shari that's funny. I knew what you mean i was joking lol.

Nancy - sheesh if i had the room i'd be Nanny Jen in a heartbeat!!!!! :)

I think the issue here is i needed someone right away, that's why i lined it up a mos. ago difficult child is rough, there are so so many issues there, especially with new ppl. Fact that I also trust NO ONE when it comes to my kids. weird i know.

Yet I'm having some serious doubts now. I do not like the idea of slamming difficult child with someone i barely know just to go help some other children in crisis mode. That doesn't sit well with me. It was one thing to have difficult child go back to existing ppl she had formed a comfort level with, yet now to flip the script and have her with someone brand new like this, on such short notice and all. By the time I have them adjusted difficult child and sitter training would have ended.

i'm not feeling this right now. yea yea great job and all, and boy do we need the money. yet not at her expense.

TerryJ2

Jennifer, I am so sorry. That is infuriating!
You've gotten some great ideas. I hope you get a really good 1-on-1 person. You're right, it just may work out for the best!

Marguerite

I'm sorry this has happened, Jennifer.

I'd be calling the person who left the cowardly voicemail message and politely asking for an explanation and confirmation. Even if you have decided you don't want her to mind your son if she's going to pull a stunt like that (agreeing, then dumping you at the last minute) she does need to know that it was a pretty low thing to do, and YOU need to know why the sudden last-minute change of heart. Like, who has she been talking to? Is there someone out there badmouthing your son to potential carers? You need to know because it could impact on your choices and options from here.

At the very least, I'd be calling the former carer to ask for her suggestions for last-minute alternatives. After all, she has to be full of good ideas since she wouldn't do anything so mean as to leave you without any alternatives, would she? (please note, dripping sarcasm)

Marg

M

ML

I pray that a solution finds you and that the alternative works out even better. I'm sorry this happened but looking for that open window with you (the one that is there when a door closes:))

Hugs,

ML

Jena

Hi

Marg I laughed when you said that :) I thought of calling her yet I know my anger will get the best of me and I'd rather not handle it that way. Things are usually settled best with others regarding who upsets me once i have time to calm. Plus this is someone we see quite often. I think quite honestly she knows my difficult child is alot of work, she remembers and she probably thought it's the last thing she needs is my daughter with her growing anxiety in her home and being her responsibility. Yet she is a very small person for taking teh easy way out and not speaking to me directly adn telling the truth. Says alot about the person she is.

ML thank you!! :)