Bachelorette

Nancy

I'm surprised she sent thank you home, I thought it would be Kirk. I just don't see her with any of them quite honestly. From the previews it looks like Frank's old girlfriend is in a hotel room, did she follow him out to Tahiti???

What did you think of that whole Vienna/Jake thing at the end? If I had to take sides I would be on Vienna's. Jake is a jerk. His attitude and anger problems are visible. He looked like a total jerk. Like I said before I would never want to be a passenger on a plane he was flying. I know Vienna was not an angel but she doesn't deserve to be treated like he did. He picked her even though everyone told him to be careful. It looked like she tried a lot harder than e did to make it work.

Nancy

DDD

I thought it would be Kirk also. Before the home visits don't you wonder how much time is spent discussing family issues, way of life, socio-economic patterns etc? It sure looks like there are some pretty obvious differences coming up on the next show.

Yeah I know that it's possible to have a successful marriage when everything isn't in sync but by the time you get
to be Ali's age it makes sense to have exchanged and explored those things. Being comfortable with in-laws etc.
can make or break a relationship. Oh well. Next week should be interesting. DDD

DDD

OMG! I just saw on AOL that Vienna has stated that she is going to be on the cover of a future Playboy magazine.
:redface: Playboy representatives say they are not aware of that. Geez, Louise. DDD

Nancy

I agree DDD. There are some obvious differences that could make or break the relationship. I'm not sure she would be happy with a landscaper for a husband, nothing against landscapers of course. And while Roberto is dreamy, not sure they are a good match either. I would have thought she would have explored more background too.

Nancy

janebrain

I thought Vienna seemed needy and very immature but Jake was worse. He seems very controlling and so self-righteous and smug. What a jerk! Now I see why he couldn't seem to ever get beyond the 1st date (what he said when he was on either the Bachelorette or Bachelor). He is so cold!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I thought Vienna seemed needy and very immature but Jake was worse. He seems very controlling and so self-righteous and smug. What a jerk! Now I see why he couldn't seem to ever get beyond the 1st date (what he said when he was on either the Bachelorette or Bachelor). He is so cold!

Ditto Ditto Ditto!

I was disgusted with Jake. What an arrogant @$#*!!! Vienna wanted to ride on his coattails and Jake is a "fame *****". That about sums it up. Chris H did a lousy job interviewing them. His partiality towards Jake made me angry, too. I thought the whole thing was gross.

I missed the first part of The Bachelorette. I've read so much on the Internet that I don't buy anything I see on this show. I think this whole Ali series will prove to be a giant waste of time.

Suz

Nancy

I agree that Chris did a horrible job on the interview. I wish he would have called Jake on his attitude and behavior during it. Jake is a real jerk and I hope his behavior backfires on him. Vienna perhaps shouldn't have given the tabloid interviews she did but Jake is a complete *******.

Nancy

DDD

I've always thought that Jillian was "real" and felt confident that she wouldn't rush to the altar. Sounds like she
was caring and cautious enough to take the time needed before commiting.

Honestly I just can't believe how many really sharp young people can't find a mate. Our adult daughters have friends who are still hoping to get married and they are in their forties. Strange. Maybe it is the result of womens
lib?? Relaxed social mores?? (Is that spelled correctly?) Anyway it's sad. DDD

Nancy

DDD I have been wondering the same hting about our young people. My 23 yo easy child who is smart, beautiful, fun to be with, has had a very difficult time meeting a guy who wants more than just partying every night and who is willing to tke a relationship seriosuly. She spent five years in college and still didn;t find anyone she was interested in. She tried on-line dating. She is sure she is going to be alone forever.

Nancy