Back pain..muscle relaxer vs pain medication.?

K

Kjs

Ok...hurt my back a few days ago with the heavy snow. Thought it would start feeling better but it is getting worse. I cannot move my head without my lower back hurting. Heck, I can't move my arms. Even my eyes!
I am at work. I am stuck. I tried getting out of my chair but the peircing pain is unbearable. I break out in a sweat if I move.

Thinking about calling the Dr. in the morning. I am afraid to go. I do not want any xrays or tests, just want to move.

What I want him to give me is something to take the edge off this pain so I can move.

Muscle relaxer may help losen the muscle, but would it help with the pain? Pain medication may help with the pain, but would I hurt my back more and not know it?

I have been using heat. Advil. But, hopefully the coffee won't start to go through me, as I am really stuck in this chair!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kjs,

Personally, I have to get the pain under control before a muscle relaxer will touch anything. Again, that is personally for me. And that is how my doctor orders it. Once the pain is under control the muscles generally relax or I'll get a small dose of a muscle relaxer to help for a small period of time. (That's just for muscle sprains & such.)

It's going to be up to you & your doctor to see how he/she sees the situation & how it needs to be treated.

Lothlorien

You probably should have a couple of x-rays done to make sure that you don't have a compression fracture. If you have compression fractures, you could make things worse. You also could have herniated a disc also. doctor will probably give you some medications and send you for some PT. If it doesn't get better in about 5 to 6 weeks, he'll send you for an MRI.