Back to reality

SunnyFlorida

Welll...we did it. We all got along fairly well I'd say. difficult child 2 and girlfriend left with husband Wed afternoon. difficult child 1, exgf, baby and I left Thurs morning at 12:30. We got to our destination just as husband and difficult child 2 were getting up for their "hunt". Thanksgiving went great, the turkey paper plates were cute, the food good. I spent one night with exgf and baby in the hotel and the next two nights difficult child 1 went.

difficult child 1 started to get stressed, probably due to lack of sleep and being around everyone. You could actually see him start to change/cycle.

Hopefully difficult child 1 will be employed soon and learn to manage life easier. But...all in all I'd say it was a successful trip. Thanks for all the good wishes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/11-24f.gif

DDD

Sure glad that things went well. Sometimes it is such an "iffy" thing to try something new. I bet that getting back to your home was a wonderful moment! DDD

KFld

Glad to hear it went so well. You mentioned difficult child 1 getting stressed towards the end with everyone being around and that brings a questions to mind. Is that a difficult child trait to not be comfortable being around a lot of people?? or is it more a personal thing. My difficult child can't stand the thought of being around a lot of people. He has a huge phobia about it. Even Christmas eve, when I mentioned this year we are going to his uncles house he's already dreading the thought. It's like he has a comfort zone and being around people in a social setting isn't one of them.

Coookie

Sunny,

Coming in late here but glad things went well. :grin: My difficult child could only be around alot of people for a short time. I'm sure that is different now. :shocked:

Hugs