back to school

missdot

This morning I have meeting to put difficult child back to school from partial. Meeting will have LS and Partial via speaker phone. Don't know who all will be there, feel like I am walking into a lions den. The problem is I have no clue what I am doing or at least thats the way I feel. The other problem is I get upset pretty easy and will speak before I think. I will just wing it. Anyone know what to expect?

Sheila

Is this an IEP meeting?

I don't know what LS stands for.

Partial? I'm guessing this is a representative from the hospital?

I don't know the details of your situation, but it might be a good idea to discuss transitioning difficult child back into school via something like 1/2 day attendance. Something to explore with everyone anyway.

Meetings are always stressful for the parent. It's helpful if you can take someone with you for moral support (and get that person to take notes).

If this is an IEP meeting, keep in mind that you do not have to agree with anything today. You can always have the meeting "reconvened" if you need time to think about recommendations made at the meeting or to do some research to assist you in making your own recommendations. When a meeting is "reconvened," the next meeting takes place typically within the next 5 - 10 days.