DDD

A few months ago I posted asking for fund raising ideas and the
event is now in the works. Actually :thumb: it's different
and kinda cool. We are having a Canoe Challenge at a local lake
using BIG canoes that can hold up to 14 people. We are getting
business sponsors for the race. The man who owns the canoes
runs a "team building" concern where corporations build the unity
of their employees. Different, huh?? We (husband and I) are letting
a teen self-esteem group man the oars for us.

We are going to have food for sale and are selling booth space
and signs etc. So it should be close to a six or seven hour function.

What I'm asking now :smile: is "have any of you ever run or
overseen or participated in a backgammon or checkers competition?" We are thinking about having like a buck a game
tournaments BUT :thumbsdown: I don't know how you can make sure
that strangers play by the rules OR exactly which rules people
use. We play backgammon at home...but sometimes when our PCs
visit they set the board up backward!

Any input?? Later, DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
I love to play the Acey Ducey version of Backgammon. I detest checkers.

- I think YOU should open a kissing booth D3. $20.00 a pucker or if it were me....$20.00 a pucker and as they moved out into the hall an additional $50.00 so DF wouldn't knock em out!

DammitJanet

No clue about the competitions...but how about football pools? Would those be legal? Im pretty sure they must be because offices all over the country have them...lol.

If you want to know how to do one let me know...I can have husband explain it...lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
If there is time before the event, could you get a bunch of big trucks, a fire truck, ambulance, police car, etc...? You set them up in a parking lot or field and charge the kids a couple of bucks to crawl all over the vehicles.

I think if you had enough volunteers you could also add this twist: Have a volunteer with a different color sticker sitting by each vehicle. Kids each get a card (index card? 1/4 sheet of paper?) and after they have examined each car they get a sticker. Then they could get a small prize if they went to all the vehicles. Someone would have to man the prize booth, but it would really draw the kids.

I have heard of charging $3 or so for this, with no time limit for hte exploring. With donated vehicles you could really raise some $$$, even given the outlay for prizes.

Have fun!

Susie