Bad, bad chocoholic...

dashcat

I still make difficult child an Easter basket. She's almost 20, and lives with her dad, but some traditions die hard. She's spending the night with me on Saturday (wonder why???) and today I made truffles, peppermint patties and haystacks. I am currently munching on warm haystacks. Lord, stop me! (but they are so good and it's only once a year!)

Just a tiny bit of childhood I've seemed unable to let go of. What is unclear is whether it's her childhood or mine....

H

HaoZi

I think I have more excitement over Easter and Xmas than Kiddo does, lol. If I didn't have her I wouldn't bother doing anything but buying the candy.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I stopped with the easter deal when my kids were about 12 or so. Not that I didn't set out candy or something. I like the pastel m&ms. lol

I don't even do the grands. I do dinner. Moms get together as far as the egg hunt goes. Nana donates a dollar for the big special egg for each grand.

If you indulge once a year or even a few times a year it doesn't hurt you. And I have to ask too......what are haystacks?

Star*

call 911........call 911
For anyone that is SAD their kids have forgotten Easter and still want to CREATE a basket? PM ME FOR MY ADDRESS! lol.

THE DONKEY NEEdS HAYSTACKS. lol

and we will hunt for eggs.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Add me... What the heck are haystacks???

Oh yeah, Star? They now have (UGH) edible basket grass. Multiple flavors. BLEAH!

TerryJ2

Haystacks are made with-tiny crunchy dry Asian noodles that you usually put under chow mein. Or, you can use corn chips.
Warning--the thicker wheat noodles are easier to use than the thinner, more fragile rice noodle by La Choy. The chocolate (and/or peanut butter) never really hardens and you end up scooping up mouthfuls with-a spoon. Edible, but unsightly. :)