bad hair day X 100

AllStressedOut

So, I got this grand idea, my hair has been growing specifically for a Locks of Love donation. This week it has really been giving me a MAJOR headache. I don't remember it ever being this long. So I figure I just need to put it up in a pony tail and cut it straight across, right? LOL Ummm, not exactly. I kind of look like Jeff Foxworthy in his mullett days, but in reverse. :rofl: I have about 2 inches in the back left and the front/sides are past my chin. I have NO idea how any hairdresser is going to fix this to look normal.

It's a good thing my husband loves me for me. :crazy:

The fact that you were growing your hair out for locks of love speaks VOLUMES.

A good hairdresser should be able to do something with that. I have seen many styles where it is shorter in the back and longer up front, kind of a sassy bob. In any event, anything goes with hair nowadays.

When I was a kid, my mom cut my bangs too short one time. I looked like Richard Dawson. I let myself get all worked up about it. And you know what? My hair grew back. But I know how you feel.

(((hugs)))

Steely

Uhhhhhhhh.............no laughing?
OK........I am SO sorry that somehow, you cut your hair to look like, uh, jeff foworthy!??? And um, that your hair now resembles a mullett!????

Pahhhhh................sorry I couldn't contain it! :rofl:

I just wish we had a picture!!!!!!!!

The fact that you were growing your hair out for locks of love speaks VOLUMES.

A good hairdresser should be able to do something with that. I have seen many styles where it is shorter in the back and longer up front, kind of a sassy bob. In any event, anything goes with hair nowadays.

When I was a kid, my mom cut my bangs too short one time. I looked like Richard Dawson. I let myself get all worked up about it. And you know what? My hair grew back. But I know how you feel.

(((hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Next time let the hair dresser cut it for you. They'll tie it up, but can see what they're doing.

BBK is right. easy child has a really nice cut that is shorter in the back and longer in the front. It's a bob cut. Brings out her features, and is easy to care for.

You know, when I got mine cut the last time I should've donated to Locks of Love. I must've gotten 8-10 inches cut off. How long do they like it?? I often let my hair grow really long and then whack it off short, so a donation wouldn't be any bother to me.

I'd think a good hair dresser can fix it up nice. Don't worry.

Hugs

AllStressedOut

They want at least 10 inches, mine was between 10-12 depending on the layer. If you don't have that much, but want to donate, they will sell the shorter hair to help with expenses. So any donation is okay as long as its clean, not bleached and not dreadlocks. Colored hair is okay, just not bleached. Not sure why.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

I'm gonna head to either JCPenneys salon or the cheap Style America down the street first thing tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix it.

I would have had a stylist cut it, but it was past time when anything was open and my hair was really hurting my head. I'd had enough and just wanted it off my head.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks for the link!! I'm adding it to my bookmarks.

I'll do that next time then. 10-12 inches is nothing for me. lol

And I never color or bleach my hair either.

:smile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Allstressedout, you had beautiful long, blond hair when I saw you last. Good gift to give though. Hugs.
My hair is always having a bad hair day.

AllStressedOut

Thanks Fran! My hair looks okay when it's fixed, but was so long it took too much time to fix. It looks bad when it's not blown dry. It was making my head hurt so it was time. I finally got it long enough to still leave me a few strands when I was done.

I've found a few hairstyles online that I think can be done with what hair is left. I've printed the pics and I hope the hairstylist can do it.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
My favorite all-time hair style is a Vidal Sassoon bob that is short in the back and longer on the sides. It's "in" at my work ---I'll bet at least 6 women have a variation on the cut. A good stylist will have you looking glamorous in no time.

My hair is both bleached and too fine to ever get that long. Good for you for donating.

Suz

Ephchap

Suz is absolutely right. That look is totally in. The Victoria Beckham haircut is the most asked for haircut right now which has a side part, longer in the front and much shorter in the back.

I'm sure a professional will be able to fix it. Good for you for giving your hair to such a special cause. We've had a few women in our department do that in the past year.

Hugs,
Deb

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey, it can't be as bad as mine was when I was in a hair show a few years back. I had long (past my shoulders) hair. They dyed it (never had been dyed) and cut HALF of it. Then I had to come back the next day to have the other half done in front of a large group of people. I looked so strange until about 4 the next day!! They actually put the hair left into a ponytail and hacked at it with a straight razor!!!

It ended up really well though. At the stylist's salon I would have paid over $250 for the dye and cut. And I paid nothing!!

The really nice thing about hair is that no matter what you do to it, it grows back.

Right now I have the bottom colored close to what used to be my natural color. The top is grey. I can't dye anymore because skin problems, so grey is to be my new color. Ick.

Sorry you had the bad hair day, but the donation is a really great thing.

Hugs,

Susie

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I ended up shaving half my head a few years ago when I got ringworm (gotta love children for sharing). It will be ok. Like others have said it is hair. It grows back. (Unless your my husband with the nice bald spot but I love him anyway.)

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
How great that you are donating to locks of love! As others have said I'm sure the professionals will be able to do something with-it.

I'll never forget the time I singed my bangs when starting the grill! That was not so easy to fix but we were able to hide it.

AllStressedOut

Well, this morning I woke up with bed head for the first time since I was 9 years old. Gotta love short hair. I've pulled back the front/sides in a scrunchy until I can get into a hair place.

husband referred to the back as "jacked up" lastnight. He is sooo comforting, isn't he? :rolleyes:

As I left to get it cut off (by my mom down the street) I told husband it will grow back. He likes it long.

Mom was horrified at how it looked after I took the pony tail holder out of my hair. She didn't really listen to me when I said cut it close to the second pony tail holder, or maybe she thought the 2nd pony tail holder was the one closest to my head? I don't know. I'll be sure to be more clear next time. :hammer:

busywend

ASO! I did not mean to offend. If it makes you feel better - I just had a bad bang cut that made me feel like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber - just imagine that one!!!

I am sure it is fixable and you will be just as beautiful with shorter hair!

AllStressedOut

You didn't, I was being sarcastic. I don't offend easily, so if you are ever concerned, think of whatever I said in a sarcastic manner...if it works...then it was sarcasm. :smile: