Bad news bug has hit hard.....give me some good news please.

Mom2oddson

It seems that I'm in a circle of bad news...a lot of bad news all the way around.

Just got news that a second co-worker is going to need a liver transplant. The first co-worker has had his new liver for under a month.

Another co-worker who had breast cancer 3 years ago, went to have her check-up yesterday and was told that she needs to have a special bone scan.

A good friend is in the middle of losing her dad, plus the handicapped child that she cares for is in the hospital - been on IV anti-biotics for 13 weeks!

Another friends hubby is in Japan working... he just had a heart-attack over there. She can't talk to him at all until he is out of ICU and she's having trouble getting any information on how he's doing.

And my Step-grandpa (R) had to call the ambulance on my Grandma this morning. She couldn't get out of bed. So, from 2,000+ miles away, we are trying to cooridinate everything. My Mom had to demand R's son (B), to get his tush in his car and get over there because R can't be alone. My Mom was able to get someone to stay with R until B can get there. Of course, B's made instant arrangements to put R into a nursing home until we know if my G'ma will be able to take care of R or not. Doesn't matter that R would rather die than be in a nursing home. B could care less as long as it doesn't interfer with his life. So we are waiting for the ER to call to see what is wrong with G'ma. And we will go from there.

So, as you can see, I've been hearing a lot of bad news today. I really could use a strong dose of good news to help balance out things. So, if you have any good news, could you please share it.

Thanks!!

klmno

Oh my goodness... one of those alone would be hard to take but all of it would be a load on one's shoulders- and very depressing. I'm sorry- words just don't seem to be enough.

busywend

Sending good thoughts your way! You need good news.

Mine is not new news - but I got married 13 days ago! Wahoo! Wish I could offset your bad news. HUGS!

Andy

Sometimes when it rains it pours and sounds like you are in need of a very large boat to survive this flooding. We have had a wet cold fall so far - not one good day for difficult child to ride bike to school outside an occasionnal one that ended up being a day I had to pick him up. This morning was cold and rainy but this afternoon after school was a cool crisp beautiful fall day. difficult child enjoyed being outside for awhile and is now at the school's football game with husband.

Our good news of late - difficult child's JV bowling team won their first meet and he was named leader in that game! We were flying high for several days after hearing about it when a teammate told him it was in the paper (we don't get the paper and I am so thankful to the team mate for letting us know). difficult child had been in a slump in bowling and loosing his confidence - this was the picker upper he needed to get back to where he should be.

We love our young goldendoodle - she is such a sweetheart! Amazing how puppies bring joy into the home that outway any minor frustrations which are to be expected.

I hope you can find some umbrellas or rescue boats in the lives of your other friends and relatives. Mind boggling how crazy life can get - I wish the best for each of your friends/relatives/co-workers and peace and comfort to all who are effected with worry and concern.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Some good news?

All of these people have found in you a warm and loving friend who stands by them during their time of need. Having you in their life makes things just a tad bit easier - and gives them the strength to persevere.

They love you!

And we do, too!!

((((hugs))))

DammitJanet

Well, I will give you some warm hugs to help soften all that bad news.

Good news? Well, Keyana loves her school, Jamie and family are coming down this weekend and we are all going to the county fair! It will be Hailie's first fair ever and I think she will really enjoy herself. I am gonna take lots of pictures! Im getting them both unlimited ride bands.