Bad news!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
husband got an email that he is meeting with the "big boss" in his office tomorrow.

From googling the company and the words they used for what it is about, they are laying him off.

I am TERRIFIED. TOTALLY TERRIFIED,

I could really use all the prayers and bead rattling you can give me.

Thanks.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I think we should start a "virtual altar" in order to pray for all the members who are having a rough time. Seems like there's a wicked streak of bad luck going around.

Sending love and support, Susie. ((((HUGS)))).

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh crud! I am shaking my chickens and their respective livers, rattling every bead I can find and praying that this is not going to come to pass... that is ONE club that doesn't need any more members!

susiestar

Roll With It
Well, he seems to have quite a bit of hope. The guy that got canned had a meeting about "project performance" which is VERY different than what husband's email referred to.

He also has a bunch of places in his head to start looking for a job. One of his childhood friends that we reconnected with at the Vince Gill concert last year is a wheeler-dealer type guy. He has a lot of businesses and husband can ask him for job leads and references. he also has a bunch of other plans.

so tonight is not the trainwreck I thought it would be.

Still on tenterhooks about the job though.

DazedandConfused

I'm glad it doesn't seem as bad as you first thought. I'm sending positive employment ju ju your way. These are sure some insecure and scary times.

husband's company (he's worked there 13 years and they have been business over 40 years) is hanging by a thread. Two cycles of layoffs in the past year. I work in California public education. The layoffs have been staggering. I may get cut back to part time, but should at least still have a job (and health insurance!) through this year. Next year? Who knows?

The anxiety is unending.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie*

Not that I don't keep you in my prayers every night - but - will keep an extra thought for your husband and family regarding the job situation. Keep the faith!!!

Hugs & Love
Star

Andy

I will add you to my prayers also. So many companies down sizing. I hope the best for you and your husband.

I learned today that the person who could have bumped me out of my job took a HST job instead. The person she jumped took retirement so I hope it worked out for both of them.

Mattsmom277

Definitly sending good juju your families way. Hope things go well tomorrow. I'm glad to hear your husband has been thinking outside the box just in case though. Sounds like if things go south, he has some positive leads and goals, which is a good thing!
S/O has been laid off since Feb. He was cut in fourth round of layoffs. His company is down from over 150 employees to about 8. No sign in sight of hire backs. Plus his layoff was considered a permanent one, meaning no legal obligation to hire back the employees when things pick up. YUCK!
The silver lining, he always wanted to join the Air Force and this was his chance to toss off his current career (he did enjoy his job but always had regrets, but who quits a good paying job after years apprentice'ing etc??). Now he starts training Monday and he's got a decent start salary. 4 years from now his salary will be increased by nearly another $30K a year. Benefits superb. And he can look forward to spending his working days tinkering with fighter jets and always learning new things about new aircraft, his life dream. There are silver linings but it was admitedly difficult for us when we first learned of his layoff.

Keep us posted and (((hugs))).