Bad Weather

Lothlorien

Snowmageddon...yikes. We have 4 or 5 inches already. Stores were wiped out of everything today. Glad I placed my order and picked up the groceries early. The lines were insane. We bought a new generator just before Christmas because our 15 year old generator was starting to give us trouble last year, during Sandy. Schools were cancelled before the snow even began to stick.:eek: Keep warm everyone!

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

DammitJanet

Okay, this will tell you how out of it I have been. I didnt even realize that the weather was bad!

We had temps around 60 on the day after Xmas. Stayed in that range but maybe down to upper 40's during the night until today when I went out to a doctor appointment. It was colder than I thought it would be and I had to go back in and get my coat. Now I do think we have been getting some of the southern version of your winter snow. We are having flooding...lol. They say the rain is supposed to end tonight though and a bad arctic blast is going to come through. Im pretty sure we wont go to any minus degrees but even in the 20s is cold here. I will have to go bring in a few things from outside. Mainly I have to get monkeys scooter in the house so it doesnt freeze. And I will have to keep the dog inside all the time.

I am going out tomorrow to actually buy food. I dont have anything here.

busywend

20 inches of snow.....-4 here today without the windchill factored in. Sooooooo very glad I can work from home! I dread going in on Monday!

tiredmommy

Duckie's school has am omline weather gauge that says 1F (without wind chill). We are the warm spot in our area. This is crazy.

BusynMember

Okie dokie. I guess we're going to get...COLDER. Hahaha (I think I'll go crazy). We'll have a respite of above zero temps, like a balmy 15 and 12 and then....back into the extreme deep freeze.

In Wisconsin we rarely have school closings for the weather, but that may happen this coming Monday.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We have yet another major storm rolling in sunday.........from the looks of it so far, it will be worse than the one we just had. Oh, goody.

Last I looked we were at 11 degrees but wind is not really blowing and sun is shining but it's not too bad out temp wise.

Mattsmom277

Woke up after -49 yesterday to a tropical -45. Apparently its warmed through the day to a lovely -30 so at least improvement. And apparently we have about 15 cms of snow on its way too. I'll take the snow if the temps keep rising. Two mornings of actual ice fog, which happens very rarely. It has been absolutely brutal here. Stay warm and safe everyone

Kathy813

Staff member
TM & Wiped Out, you haven't been doing a very good job at keeping that cold air up there as I requested.

We are expecting a low of 5 degrees Tuesday morning with a windchill of -13 degrees.

Please try harder.

Thanks,
Kathy

Umberlee168

I live on the fringes of the desert so typically we don't have a lot of snow since we don't get a lot of rain. This year we had a CRAZY heavy snowfall and the longest and most severe cold snap in like...90 years?? I know we've had more subzero days in the last month than in the last 20 years combined. It's nuts. So all this snow has just lingered, lingered, lingered. It was kind of nice having a white Christmas because those are hit or miss but aside from that...I can't wait for spring!

Actually my absolute least favorite time of year is right around the corner...after Christmas and football season have ended but when spring is still weeks out. It's such a dark, boring, gray, BLAH time of year.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Kathy-I'm trying so it must be TM-lol! Actually, you're suppose to be sending the warm weather our way:)

DDD

Saw in the newspaper yesterday that Florida will soon be the third most populous State in the Union. Hmmm! With weather like this I wouldn't be shocked by a caravan of Yankees clogging the highways.
Really...I admire you all. I couldn't take it. Hugs & Prayers. DDD

InsaneCdn

It won't just be Yankees clogging the highways... you'll probably get some Cannuks too...

Below -50 last night... and a 4-hour power outage.

S

Signorina

Bitter cold here but not the snow that Chicago had... Thank goodness. Schools are closed here and may be closed tomorrow. -16 right now, Wind Chill is -44

My family biz (where I work FT, 2 days a week there, 3 from home) is in the Chicago area. The got about 10" of snow on Saturday/Sun. I was checking the camera views to make sure our lots we're being plowed in the wee hours of Sunday morning and again last night. As much as I hate the weather- it's GREAT for business! We can use the boost in sales after quite a few uneventful winters and a lot of winter tool overstock from years' past.

I saw that boiling water will freeze mid air in this cold. I may try a demo of that w PC17 later.

Pc19's back at school in MN and his classes were canceled by state order.

Of course difficult child took this opportunity to go snowboarding in the UP. Despite his promise to let me know he arrived safely (Fri), he has not and I am trying to roll w it. Rocks for brains.