Bah Humbug

slsh

member since 1999
I just do *not* understand people. We have Christmas decorations out front, some of the blow-up kind. husband discovered that our globe has about a foot-long slash in it, probably happened Tuesday night. I am more sick at heart than anything. I hate that the world is becoming a place where the simple pleasures of Christmas decorations aren't safe anymore. What did the vandal get by destroying something that was completely harmless? Really? Ohhhh, big tough guy (or girl) - woohoo, you took out a snow globe. Must've been a rest test of your man/womanhood. Good think you had a big old knife.

Grrrr.....

SRL

I know how you feel. A few years ago our whole block was vandalized--all light strings slashed, inflatables destroyed, light up decorations stolen. Hundreds of dollars of stuff destroyed. We all walked outside in disbelief.

I had a big old sled with greens hung on it and that was taken. I was just sick someone would do this.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I swear people like that have their karma waiting for them. Makes me so, so so MAD!

Christmas is about giving, not destroying. WHAT is WRONG with people?!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
That Stinks!!!...

and while we are on this subject - it disgusts me the way people behave while they are out shopping! Pushy, rude, throwing elbows, ugh!

If you have to beat somebody up to buy me a gift? I don't want it!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I had a great time at Walmart last night... Every time someone got rude, I grinned really big and said, "Merry Christmas!"

...I got a lot of dirty looks, quite a few sheepish ones, and some outright laughs from onlookers... BWAHAHAHAHA

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You should see some of the looks I get when I go out in my xmas shirts.........of which I have many. I've been doing it since I turned 18, be darned if I'm going to stop now. lol

I won't buy the blow up decor for that reason. Too expensive and too easily destroyed. My light up Santa sits on the porch. Molly and Betsy will go bonkers if someone is on the porch.....so if they tried, I'd at least catch em at it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
PENGUINS!!!!! Ooh, good thing you live so far away from me...

FWIW, we don't put out much for exterior decor... The guy across the street's like a neon sign for Santa...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Step, is he one you can just hand a DITTO sign on your house with an arrow pointing to his? :rofl: I cracked up when I saw a picture where someone had done that on fb.

SRL

I thought this was the annual Bah Humbug thread! Lol.

!

Naw, I'm just getting warmed up. :devil:

It's way more fun to have the Ba Humbug thread closer to the holiday when everyone is so stressed, difficult child's are exploding and family strife is in the air.

Stay tuned...:bah-humbug:

Nancy

What a shame. Probably some difficult child like the ones my difficult child hung with that thought it was fun to do that kind of stuff.

I bought a motion detection camera at a sporting goods store, the kind hunters use to watch deer. It runs on batteries and uses an SD card. I caught the jerk that was ringing our doorbell and kicking the door in the middle of the night for months. Took him to court and he has to pay for a new door.

Nancy