BART WON BIG IN COURT AND SO DID JUNIOR

BusynMember

he won the school district war' junior gets to stay at current school. won residential address. ex wanted a gal but was denied. judge yelled at exs lawyer.
next son goes for full legal' custody
go bart and junior

Copabanana

I am so happy for you and for Bart and for Junior. The right thing does sometimes happen. Yeah for Bart's attorney.

Serenity, it must have been particular difficult for Bart, your accident. How are the kids doing?

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
That's awesome!!
b95dbc07a1daa6b0ef13c046f503201b.gif

InsaneCdn

Sometimes people get the support and affirmation they need and deserve... on BOTH sides of the table. She got what she deserved, and probably what she needed - not that she will feel that way. Sounds like she deserved the lawyer she had, too...

nlj

It's good to hear that news. It's good to hear that a good outcome has been reached that doesn't unfairly favour the mother as is often the case. We suffered a long-drawn out court case (6 years) with StepD and had a tough time because the courts do often unfairly favour the mother here, however unfit she may be. It's hard to talk about 'winning' and 'losing' when there's a child involved though.

(by the way - these automatic changing of initials to assumed meanings on this site should be switched off. S.D. can mean a lot of things other than 'school district'. The term 'school-district' doesn't exist outside the US anyway and there are people from all over the world on this site. There are other examples of this too. Staff members - are you noting this? How many people here type posts and then have to check that they haven't been automativally changed into something they didn't mean? Highly irritating. Thanks)

Last edited:

InsaneCdn

(by the way - these automatic changing of initials to assumed meanings on this site should be switched off
They were brought in because we tend to use WAY too many acronyms, and people not associated with this board (i.e. new members), and search engines, have a very hard time figuring out what we are talking about. So an attempt is made to adjust the meaning so that there is some sense.

Yes, sometimes it gets comical.
Too many people use the letters T and Y to mean thank you... But it's also a nickname.
People type abbreviations without punctuation, and get unusual results, like going to Washington Difficult Child (when they should have typed Washington D.C.)
Some of us are in the habit of expanding short forms ... and it becomes double-expanded (happens to me a bit).

If all of us avoided acronyms as much as possible, the filter wouldn't be needed in the long run. But in the mean time... maybe we all need to get out of the habit of short forms and abbreviations. JMO, of course.

Scent of Cedar *

The mother and her attorney must have been so surprised. The mom just always seemed so entitled, and so mean to Junior, too. I remember that incident about his glasses. I am happy the judge took both the mom and the attorney to task.

This all must be so hard for Junior to figure out.

I am glad he has his grandmother back to help him do that.

:O)

Cedar

BusynMember

mom was surprised but noboby else was. bart always puts his son first. ex defied a court order so that she could try to get junior away from bart then lied to judge.

Copabanana

lied to judge.
Serenity, what did she tell the judge?

Sooner or later people who think they are smarter than everybody else get tripped up. Too smart for her own good comes to mind.

I am so happy that this happened. What lie did she tell the judge?

Is this the same judge? Will this judge be the presiding judge in subsequent matters?

I remember when my sister wanted to change jobs around 10 years ago. She hated where she taught and they could not much stand her either. She decided she should be a judge.

Her sense of herself is so noble, so just, so seer of all things correctly and superior. So tied in with her own rationality and knowing. Power-seeking. I guess there were no takers. She had not done one thing, really, that would have prepared her for this kind of responsibility. Yet she felt entitled and deserving. As if, I can envision it for myself. It is mine. It is me. Grandiosity.

At the time, I was horrified. The idea that my sister's narcissistic elements be reinforced by that kind of power-over chilled me, and still does as I type this.

Imagine your sister as a judge. Or worse yet, Bart's ex. That is even closer. I do not know why thinking about my sister as a judge still has this reaction. A visceral reaction in my gut.

I guess because of all of the times she would look down from on high and believe she had the right to decide my fate. And would try.

COPA

BusynMember

it is hard to type. sorry. one hand in sling.

she was ordered to keep junior in the same school he is in by judge. ex moved to a new house far from school, ignored judge and enrolled junior in nearby school. it is also in new county. judge lost it on her. its actually a longer and amusing story but cant type it all when cast is off. she completely disregarded court order and her lawyer...thats funny too. so now bart has a great chance of getting soul legal cust0dy too.
bart has a brilliant lawyer too.