BBK! Please check in...it's been a while!

susiestar

Roll With It
Welcome back!

(I have to say this, can't hold myself back.)

hello Kitty!

I am so glad to hear from you. Count me into the group who was worrying about you.

IF you don't make it back in by curfew we are going to ground you and take away ALL the duct tape you use!

Ya know, it is times when you feel you "should" be offering more help than you think you can, that is EXACTLY when you need to come here.

I am sorry Tink has been difficult. I know how it gets when you start questioning and re-questioning everything.

FWIW, Jessie flipped her lid and was SOO out of character while on prozac. She was in 3rd grade and did things like lead the class into singing a song while the teacher was at the blackboard teaching! Actively teaching, I mean. It was amazing to ALL of us - including all the teachers and staff because she ALWAYS lit up their faces with smiles.

I hope the OP actually keeps this guy away from her. Has she gone through any kind of self defense training? If she hasn't, it would be a good thing for her. Often people who have martial arts training think they are ready for self defense. And they might be. But from what I have been told, it really takes a class that teaches self defense to help you get into the right mind space to apply what you learn in a class during an assault.

Anyway, Many hugs to you, and I hope things smooth out soon.

nvts

Hi! I'm so glad that you responded!

Let me tell you something...when I started on the board, your posts were always fun and always insightful. Even when I felt that there was nothing that I could do, you always helped me "find the funny" almost every time. When there wasn't any funny, you always said the right thing. You're truly gifted on ways to interact with people in a compassionate and accepting way. If life is handing you lemons, squeeze them into juice and throw it in the eyes of those who are offending - heck, it won't fix the situation, but you'll get a smidge of satisfaction.

I too am one of those who is totally jealous of the bypass decision. It's not that I'm scared - I just fall back in the dark for now. I am also going to live through you vicariously!

As far as Tink - it'll work out - you're a great mom who's done so much for so many that she'll be fine! You don't spoil, you just do what you do because you love her and unfortunately (as most of our difficult child's tend to do) they find a way to make you feel like a "dumb-a**" for going to the effort. My equivalent to Tink (difficult child 3) has taken to lying about EVERYTHING! To be a witch (which I enjoy by the way), I now question everything she says! "Mom! It's sunny outside!" I get up without a word and start looking out the window. "Mom! I already told you it's sunny outside!" "Well, I had to look for myself because you taught me not to believe you."

Moooohahaha! That'll show you!

Let me know if there's anything I can do! You can ship Tink here for a little while if you need a break - although I worry that difficult child 3 will teach her even MORE obnoxious habits - she's got a million of them!

Missed you for a looooong while!

Beth