BBQ pork

klmno

I haven't cooked bbq pork ribs in a while- can someone tell me what temp. and how long it will take 5+ LBS to cook?

Thanks!!

:smile:

AllStressedOut

I cook mine in a crock pot. On low for 11-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Smothered in BBQ sauce & onions, then I pull it apart for pulled pork sandwiches.

In the oven I cook it at 250 for 45 minutes- 1 hour per pound.

TerryJ2

Well, I'm a day late and a dollar short ... I put mine in at 350 and left them for 1-1/2 hrs. Then I tested them. I also put a bit of water at the bottom of the pan, so they wouldn't get dried out. I'm a horrible cook but they turned out okay! :smile:

AllStressedOut

I missed the "ribs" part of your post. Ooops! Sorry! Disregard my instructions....LOL...I have cooked boneless pork ribs that way and it turned out great. Never cooked bone in.

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't know the temperature, but my mother in law cooks them wrapped tight in foil with onion soup mix. Hers are great. But I have never tried to cook them.

Good Luck!

Susie

meowbunny

I usually bbq them but had to bake 'em last night. I put them at 325 for 45 minutes, then broiled them for 10 mins on each side (these were bone in). They were perfect!

Lothlorien

I marinate mine in a zip back with
Soy sauce, Emeril's Essence, garlic and a little ketchup. The longer you marinate, the better.

Then I put in a stone roasting pan and cover with foil. Cook at 200 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Then I throw them on the bbq grill for about 15 minutes, smother with "Sweet Baby Ray's" BBq sauce. mmmmmm, mmmmmmm!