Bead Rattlin Request (Old Timer)

Jerri

Hi all,

Long time no speak / read.

This is one of those issues, that makes you count up Family and Friends, and CD has been both since way back to the 1st Board.

Breast Cancer Called on 9-11, last Thurdsay, and I am scheduled for a Bilateral Mastectomy on Tuesday @ 8:45.

Tom (my PH) is not where he needs to be yet, but he is as close to SaintDom, as walking on the Earth a man can be. From the beggining, I have always referred to him as PH Perfect Husband.

He's struggling with supporting this rememdy vs: the Milenia of options available.
This of course is interfering with my job of mental preparedness.

If Pico were here, she would tell him: They aint yers... and if you want sum, go buy your own!... and she would direct him to the appropriate type of store he could do so in. LOL

*sigh* I miss her and Blondie so much sometimes, I could sure use a good ol laugh fest!

Well, I know alot of you will not know me, but I hope you will know that this is a lifetime family place. And you will always want to seek it out in times of need.

Anyhow, I am going to attend to some demestic duties... (mentally making sure I dont get compulsive, and get the toothbushes Occupational Therapist (OT)!) LOL

As always....

Hug N Love!!!

Jerri

busywend

Jerri - sending way positive thoughts your way for a smooth, successful surgery and a really easy recovery.

Be gentle with your PH - he just loves you and wants the best for you. Funny about what Pico would say. I did not know her, but feel like I do from all I have read.

HUGS!!

Jerri

Thank you Busy,

I am trying very hard to be gentle with him, we are scheduled with my Therapist Friday at 9:00 and I am hoping we will get closer to closure.

I told him last night I would cancel the surgery until he is ready... if thats what he wants.

Some Logistics are in play in that we have a long awaited visit with Stacie, she is active Duty in Hawiia and is coming home on October 6th, and I was hoping to be somewhat on the mend so that I could enjoy her visit.

But its critical for me to incorporate his feelings and fears, and respect his input, no matter how contrary it might be to mine.

I havent told my Family about the Surgery, as I fear I will "throw him under the bus".. and that is the last thing I want to contend with. *sigh* Families "jump" before thinking when they are scared or worried about a loved one. But I have time... maybe tommorow or Saturday if we can close ranks on what is best for both of us.

I keep reminding myself that "I" dont have Cancer... "WE" do.

Thanks again,

Hugs N Love!!!

Jerri

slsh

member since 1999
Jerri - good to see you around but I'm just sorry beyond words it's under these circumstances. I will of course hold you close in my thoughts as you go through this.

Had to chuckle - you must have a direct line to Pico 'cuz I think you've nailed what her response would be. ;) You can always let Tom pick out the reconstruction specifications. :rofl:

Seriously - I hope the surgery goes smoothly and that they are able to give you good news upon its completion. Let us know when you can how you are doing.

Many hugs to you!

house of cards

I am adding my prayers for a successful surgery, quick healing and for husband to get onboard emotionally with your outlook. I agree wholeheartedly about this place being a part of your family with tremendous love, support and board magic.

nvts

Jerri! I know I don't know you but I definately know that I like you! What a terrific outlook you've got! I admire you AND PH for going the rough road together!

I also love the suggestion of slsh for allowing him to make choices in the reconstruction of things.

I've had so many friends go through this and truly it's a cross to bear, but one of the closest to me once said "now more stuff will land in my lap and no one will have to talk to stains on my shirts any more!"

I'll be a-praying, rattling the beads and crossing all appendages for you.

God Bless!

Beth

Lothlorien

I'm sorry that this is happening to you. I don't know you from before.

My friend had a bilateral, radical mastectomy. I remember, vividly what she went through. I don't wish that on anyone, but don't wait if he wants you to. The longer you wait, the more opportunity that you give to the cancer to spread and the possibility of more invasive surgery or worse. I understand how concerned you are about him and his feelings, but that won't be any good to either of you if you wait too long. You have to do this to survive.

Good luck with your surgery. I hope that you get through it with as little pain, both physically and emotionally, as possible.

DDD

Hi! Long time no....

I swear it was just last week that someone posted about Pico et al and
had found some archives that brought back some laughs. The spirit lives
on.

Sending caring thoughts, support and hugs to you and yours. I have not
been there done that but I'm confident that you will make the best choices possible. DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm another "stranger", but wanted to send along my wishes for a successful surgery and complete remission from the cancer. Most insurance plans now cover reconstructive surgery for breast cancer patients, so perhaps that could allay some of your husband's anxieties. It's not like this is an elective procedure -- it's a life-saving procedure. As attached (no pun intended) as I am to my own breasts, I'd rather live and live without them than risk losing my life to keep them. Besides, just think how perky you'll be at 80!

Sending hugs and prayers...

Jerri

Had to chuckle - you must have a direct line to Pico 'cuz I think you've nailed what her response would be. ;) You can always let Tom pick out the reconstruction specifications. :rofl:
QUOTE]

Yep only problem is he likes em little! LOL

Thanks for the laugh hon, it helped alot!:smug:

Hugs N Love!!!

Jerri

Jerri

NVTS,

Thank you! Hopefully we will get to know one another better in the next few weeks and months 8 kids? WOW!

Hugs N Love!!!

Jerri

everywoman

Here's hoping the God, gods, goddess of Wisdom, patience, and understanding will be with you both during this time And while Tom may need "time" to adjust, please remember that it is your body, you know what it's telling you. Listen to your body, heart, and soul.

Jerri,

Prayers, positive thoughts, and lots of bead rattling are all coming your and PH's way. Gotta love a guy who likes em little!

But seriously, remember that this is a journey that you are undertaking. You will find many sisters and friends along the way.

Take care.

DammitJanet

Hey Jerri! I swear...I must have been having ESP. Just a few days ago I was getting melancholy and started digging through old posts looking for old members for us "old-times" and wow...here you pop up!

Im sorry it is for such an occasion though. You know without a doubt you and Tom both will be in my prayers.

Please do keep us updated and when everything settles down...come back and give us updates on all the kids. Stacie is in the military? Wow. And congrats on the grands.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Jerri, I remember you, but you probably won't remember me as I was in "lurker" mode for a long time.......Sending you healing thoughts and hoping all goes well with the surgery.....

F

flutterbee

Sending prayers and healing thoughts and strength to get through this tough time.

(((hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hey Jerri long time, Janet and I were just talking about the old timers. lmao!

Sending prayers up for both you and Tom. I'm looking forward to an update when things calm down a bit for you too.

(((hugs)))

TMom