Beautiful Raccoon

Star*

call 911........call 911
slsh (blush) thanks - you made me feel good about What did willow call me....oh you made me feel good about being a dork.

-I'm a cute dork though. :smile:

and then this one time.....at BAND camp.

donna723

Oh Star, now I don't feel so bad about some of the dumb stuff that I've done!!

First thing I do in the morning is to take the dogs out and I always slip on my old ratty pair of "lawn mowing" shoes. I didn't end up wearing them all the way to work, but I came close! I noticed at the gas station that I was still wearing the nasty. mud-covered, grass-stained things and had to go home and change. I did once walk around for hours wearing a wind breaker jacket inside-out and even when someone said something, I didn't realize what she was talking about! I do a little self-check now when I leave the house - make sure I have my keys ... in my hand ... my lunch, my purse. But sometimes I'm looking down in the car to make sure I'm wearing matching shoes and in the mirror to make sure I put makeup on BOTH eyes, not just one.

I have a friend from work who is the all-time champ though. She was working in downtown Nashville and had gone with a co-worker to buy pizzas to bring back to the office. She was in the passenger seat with several big pizza boxes in her lap. He dropped her off at one of the busiest intersections in town and went to park the car. She got out, still clutching her pizza boxes to her waist. And it wasn't until people started honking and waving at her that she realized that her skirt was all bunched up under the boxes and was hiked all the way up to her waist, and all of downtown Nashville was now aware of what color drawers she had put on that morning! And the guy who was driving DID notice it and didn't tell her - he thought it was funny!
:bag:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">caught my tongue in the beater of the mixer (I was hungry). </div></div>
i've never been that hungry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: susiestar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you havedifferent shoes for the bedroom? Geez, my feet feel lucky if they get any shoes at all, much less fancy kinds!!

Susie</div></div> that was before difficult child since i can't even find shoes the other day i work flip flops to work bc i couldn't find anything else

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'd send her a everyday card with Marilyn Monroe's picture standing over the grate in the white dress blowing up, cut out some Domino's coupons and stuff inside - and address it to:

Nashville Knickers -
Saw this...
Thought of you,
Love
Donna

Remember the Reebok aerobic shoes of the 80s?

OK, I had black high tops (because they were freaking cool and they looked totally Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) with my legwarmers and spandex) and black low tops (because I waited tables, and they were rather comfortable).

First day working at the banquet hall. The fancy one where I had my senior prom.

I show up wearing one high, one low.

We got home from errands this evening. wife was checking for something else in her purse and pulled out -- the TV remote. She stuck it in her purse on her way out earlier.

Meanwhile I was pointing the cell phone at the TV, trying to turn it on. OK, I wasn't really, but I have tried to do it in the past. (It doesn't work, by the way.)

donna723

BBK, you just reminded me of something! This has nothing to do with anything, but does anybody but me remember the horrible style years ago where women used to wear the big oversized dress-length sweaters with tights or very form fitting pants underneath? Cute (maybe) on a six year old - a big "No No" on a grown woman! What were they thinking?

Anyway ... we have a woman at work that nobody likes. She has carrot red hair, very pale skin, drawn-on "Joan Crawford" high-arched eyebrows, and wears tons and tons of black mascara, which always makes her look "surprised"! I carpooled with a very funny guy and we had been telling jokes all the way to work and were both in a silly mood by the time we got to work. We walked in to the lobby and there was this carrot-haired woman ... wearing a huge bright orange knee length sweater that stuck out on the sides, almost round, and these dark green tights! She looked just like a startled pumpkin! Has she no mirrors in her house?!?! My car pool buddy got the giggles ... and not wanting to be rude (she was his bosses' secretary) he tried to stifle it and it didn't work. He ended up with his fist stuffed in his mouth, his face all red, tears running down his cheeks, and he was kind of bouncing up and down, trying to hold it in and laugh silently. I thought he was going to explode! And "the pumpkin" had no idea what he was laughing at, and kept coming closer and closer, giving him this goofy concerned look, trying to figure out what was wrong with him! She thought he was having some kind of "attack". Just one more "Kodak moment" that I missed with the camera!

F

flutterbee

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's so nice to know we aren't alone.

And Star...you ARE a beautiful raccoon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thank you - I love being the beautiful raccoon.

I'm laughing at HWGA post because DF sat last night and tried to get the DVD to go with MY CELL PHONE. I was in tears - I now call him Jerri - short for Geriatric. And he calls me AL short for ALTHETIME (which is how much I am right)

And Donna - THAT WAS THE GREAT PUMPKIN you were laughing at - no presents for YOU in the pumpkin patch that year was there? See - it's not nice to make fun of oddly dressed people haha.

MOSTLY because TODAY just for a WHIM I HAVE ON A YELLOW AND WHITE STRIPED V NECK KNEE LENGTH SWEATER FROM THE 80's and BLACK HIGH TOP REEBOKS - someone said "Oh look its a bumble bee - and I walked away and said 'keep on with comments about my clothes and you'll find out just how hard this bee can sting." then I hear a distant "I was just kidding - you think she'd ever really slap someone? She seems so nice. (I laughed all the way to my desk)

but I rubbed in my cover up!!!!! lalalal

Have any of you seen the commercial on TLC, where the lady (who looks like she stepped straight out of Knot's Landing) walks though the office in her yellow & black "work suit" with the 4' wide shoulderpads? The security guard asks her where she parked her Delorian...

F

flutterbee

Star, if you wore the sweater dress and Reebok high tops, I hope you at least had the decency to crimp you hair.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Ok husband just asked if I was ok. I was gasping from laughing so hard.

I have to say the first thanksgiving husband and I were together I made two pumpkin pies for our family. One of them the cats knocked down for the dogs to eat (which is a whole other post) so the other I cut and husband and I were the only ones at home at that point. He was eating away. I took a bite and looked at it like it was poison. I sat there trying to think if pumpkin can go bad in the can. Then I realized that while I had been making them all three kids and husband had been bugging me and I forgot the surgar. I looked at husband and said ok you can stop it is nasty. He did and said oh thank god. He is such a good man that he wasn't going to say a word he was going to eat every last bite so as not to hurt my feelings.

I made new ones a couple days later and they turned out right but I don't know which was better me making the mistake or him willing to eat it.

Beth