Beaux, my boyfriend, is missing

AllStressedOut

Well, I did what most people absolutely hate cat owners doing. I let Beaux outside after he kept begging and begging at the door to come out. He did fine at first, always came back in within 10 minutes.

Not now though, he's been gone for more than 2 days. :tissue: We're very sad. I want to post signs, but we don't have a picture as he was a new addition to our family over the summer. The only description is a fat black cat. I'm going to make up signs tonight, but I'm afraid the basic description isn't going to be enough.

goldenguru

I'm so sorry. Hopefully he can take care of himself.

Have you called the local shelter to see if he was turned in or picked up?

AllStressedOut

I emailed the shelter and they said I need to come in. I hate coming in. What that usually means is I leave with another animal. Maybe I should send my dad or husband. Of course husband may find Beaux and say, nope, he wasn't there. husband is so over my love of animals.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope you find your cat. I have a black cat and my parents have 2 of them. This time of year we have to be careful with them because the crazies.

I will keep your Beaux in my prayers. If he comes home you might want to think aobut having him chipped. Before you do, check to see which system the local shelter and the police in your area use. There are 2 systems that I know of for the chips.

Hugs,

Susie

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Okay for about the last three days a black cat has shown up on my doorstep......we had some cans of salmon that I was putting out, so it is my new best friend.....if you want your cat back you will have to up the anti.......can you top canned salmon?

Do you live in Indiana?

AllStressedOut

Nope, much further south.

I put cat food and water out and the bowl is empty from this evening to now, but its neighborhood cats. I'd be all for tuna if I thought my Beaux would be the recipient.

Middle easy child and my dad went on a walk and found a cat they thought might be Beaux, but upon closer inspection, it wasn't.

TerryJ2

So sorry. I hope he comes back soon.
I agree, go to the shelter in person. They can't do diddly squat over the phone. My two borzoi (Russian wolfhounds) got out once. I called the SPCA and they said nothing matched that description there. In person, at the front desk, they said, well, there were a couple of greyhounds or something. ARrrgh! Both dogs were there. (At least they didn't get them mixed up with-poodles. But hey, if you tell them it's a fat black cat, they'll think it's a medium sized brown cat. Go in person. And leave your wallet in the car so you're not tempted to come home with-something else!)

AllStressedOut

I'm going to head up there today after our therapist appointment.

This morning when dropping of my daughter at preschool one of the kids brought their kitten in to show. It was sad to see such a sweet face and know my boyfriend isn't at home waiting for me.

Beaux is very much a lap cat. Jumps up in your lap and puts a paw on each side of your neck and kisses your nose. If you lean forward, he'll lean towards you and put his mouth to yours like a human kiss. He follows me from room to room unless I shut the door behind me. When I'm on the computer he is either laying at my feet or jumping on my keyboard to get my attention. I miss my baby.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I still get weepy over my love bug "Taco" she was here before husband and the kids... she went missing 2 years ago... But one time she dissapeared for 4 months!!! Seriously!!! I adopted 2 new kittens, one of which I still have. "Big Momma" this was 7 years ago. I had the kittens two weeks and one evening husband was on the "Pooper" and she jumped in the open window on his lap!!! She was fine!!! Fat and happy...

So don't give up hope, you never know!!! I hope he comes home...

Nancy

Make up flyers and put them in mailbox inyour neighborhood. Last year there was a cat under our steps and we thought it was a wild cat until it cried so much we finally tore the steps out and found a declawed, very tame cat. It was a neighbor cat several doors away that had gotten out a month ago and was living under our steps probably the whole time.

Nancy

AllStressedOut

I went to the shelter, he wasn't there. husband thought I was finding a new one, so he came in after me when I was gone for more than 5 minutes.

I had to fill out a lost pet form and look over the found pet forms and the deceased pet list. Thank God he wasn't on that list!

I made up flyers and put them on both sides of my mailbox and on my back fence. I'm going to post the rest through the neighborhood after husband gets home tonight.

Thanks ya'll for thinking of us. Beaux is my comfort kitty, like some kids have comfort blankets. I'm bummed and hoping he just loved on someone so much that they took him inside for a few days.

Abbey

Spork Queen
So sorry. I had my African Grey parrot fly in the wind while we had her outside. Wings were clipped, but it didn't matter. It was a frantic 1/2 hour until we found her. I hope you have the same luck.

Abbey

TerryJ2

Deceased pet list? Yikes!
Yeah, funny that your husband came in after you when you didn't come back right away. My husband wouldn't even let me in the bldg, LOL!
Good luck!