Been debating

Wiped Out

Staff member
whether or not to post this for a couple of weeks now. I've been feeling rather depressed and haven't been able to snap out of it. I'm not super depressed-just don't seem to care about much (even Christmas which I love-my tree isn't even up yet and I want to enjoy Christmas). Also, I realize every little thing that either of my difficult children does these days is getting on my nerves; things that I'm usually able to ignore or let go of are very difficult. I'm snapping at them much more than I usually would and have a general lack of patience with them. In addition, other things like traffic, etc... are driving me nuts.

Each day I get up and start with a good attitude but soon I feel completely drained. I finally called my doctor today and asked for an increase in my AD. I tried to beat this feeling with more exercise but even that wasn't helping. I did consider buying a lamp that helps with SAD because even though I've never been diagnosis'd with it I do realize my mood seems to take a dip with the shorter days.

I am really hoping this increase helps as I'm tired of being crabby and tired of not caring, and tired of being tired-most nights I'm asleep by 9:00!!!

So there is my whine-or vent-maybe just talking about it will help. Thanks for listening.

(This must be my day for needing to vent because I posted about each difficult child in general and about me here-sorry if you are getting too much from me in a day-YIKES!!!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If you like sweet potatoes try eating them a few times a week.

Any chance of it being hormonally triggered? If so you could have those levels checked.

A tanning bed is also good for SAD........and you get a good tan too. lol

((hugs)) I hope you start feeling better and more energetic. Winter is hard. Once xmas is over the gloomy days will start to wear on me like they do every year. ugh

H

HaoZi

I'm with you, hon. I need to look into those lamps, too, but not sure where or exactly what I'd be looking for. It wasn't much of an issue when I lived down south, but up here it's a huge difference. Been sleeping more than my usual 5 or so hours and still too tired to get much done, and the added holiday stress doesn't help. Do you know where to get those lamps? I don't even get up with a good attitude, just a "gotta get up and get the day over with" kind of thing.

And by all means, vent away, it's part of why we're here, right?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm flagging a bit in the enthusiasm department lately, too, Sharon. I just don't have that spark this year and I know part of it is depression. Good to hear you called your doctor about adjusting your dose. I find I need to do that a couple of times a year, usually just for a little while, and then I eventually can go back down to my usual dose. Try to also find some time just for you or plan something weekly to look forward to -- it will do wonders for the amount of b.s. from difficult child's you're able to tolerate on a daily basis. At least that's what helps a lot for me. For example, tonight is my monthly Ladies Night Out. We're having a potluck and a gift exchange, and we're to dress in our tackiest holiday sweater or, lacking that, wear some other equally gaudy holiday outfit :) We'll have lots of wine and lots of laughs, that's for sure! And I won't have to think about anyone but me for a few hours. :winks:

shellyd67

I feel the same way ladies. I am Type A to the max and have been decorating in increments. It's mostly done (thanx to husband) and I have been snapping at the kids so much ! I just don't feel as excited as usual. Maybe I ought to look into a tanning salon membership. Take care and I know it will get better for all of us.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I've gotten your cards ---------and that's it. I haven't drug out the tree - or any lights - and I'm not going to. I can't have cookies or cakes or candy - and I'm not going to have a dinner this year. Cant' afford it.

I have managed to put a couple bucks in the Salvation Army Bucket for others needier than me although.....(laughs to self) I have a home and when it's 16 degrees here and I'm eating hot maccaroni and cheese? I know I'm blessed - there are people out there cold, hungry - and alone in the dark.

You don't have to do all these things to be happy WO. If doing all the trimmings stresses you out? Don't. If it makes you happy to get a tiny tree at the dollar store - and decorate it? Do that. The only thing in my house that would even let you know it's Christmas is your cards. I'm not sweating it. If I was? I'd get more ADs and better deoderant. :imok:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wiped out, that feeling is frustrating when you think it's not your typical behavior. I dislike it when I'm feeling that way. Good idea for you to call your doctor.
You are a giver from the minute you get up in the morning, to your profession, to your children, to your discipline with exercise. Having a feeling of being drained wouldn't be a stretch. You are incredibly selfless from what I can tell.
Maybe cultivating a bit of self serving attitude will help to replenish your spirit.
Your emotions and energy is telling you what you haven't admitted to yourself yet.

tiredmommy

{{{Sharon}}} I hope you start to feel like yourself soon... you really do deserve to be happy and satisfied with life.

flutterby

Fly away!
Sharon, you are such a wonderful lady who gives so much of yourself to others. I agree with Fran that your mind and body are telling you it's time to take some care of you.

I hope the medication increase works. I suggest also making a concentrated effort to make time just for you.

(((hugs)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you all so much for you support. I'm really praying the increase will help along with the two week breaking coming up-hopefully husband and I can do some tag teaming so we can each get some time to breathe. You are an incredible group and I am blessed to know you.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hugs, Sharon.

We don't have a tree or any doecorations, either. I've let Wee tape the cards all over the walls...but that's it.

I remember feellng as you describe. its exhausting. hope you can find a break soon, but i wouldn't sweat the chritsmas decorating.

hugs

M

ML

I love you Sharon and I hope the AD increase helps. I've been struggling a bit too. For some reason Sundays are hard for me. I think it's because manster is with dad and I have time to think (maybe dwell). This time of year seems to be about reflection and all that and I personally do better when I just stay in the momenet and not focus and waste energy on the past.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Ditto what every one has said and suggested.
I haven't been around much because I am just no good, period, just no feeling good at all and my head feels like it may pop off my shoulders,:rollingpin: but I am hanging in there by a thread,:hangin: waiting for Christmas to be behind me so I can rest for a week. Between school, my mom's transition and my loco sister, I feel beat up. I also may have to hit up the doctor for an AD. :sigh:

I hope your medications kick in asap. Big giant hugs, you're a wonderful person.:consoling: