Been months since I've been on, but need support quick. CPS called, belt abuse

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Stick to your guns and DON'T let on that it was you who called. PRESERVE YOUR ANONYMITY. CPS doesn't know who called either, right? It was an anonymous call.

For all anyone knows, it could have been one of his neighbors who HEARD the beating (how can something like that happen in silence?), it could have been someone who SUSPECTED abuse at school (they don't have to actually see signs of it, merely suspect the possibility, at least that's what a teacher once told me).

If he persists in pushing you to find out, just hold your ground and say you don't know, and frankly it's irrelevant. Conversation over.

He's already flipping out! And he's not accepting any blame for his actions, either. He's showing no remorse for what he did to his son. All he's concerned with is how he looks in all this. Big. red. flag. I think I'd be contacting the judge about his visitation rights after this. He should not have any.

BusynMember

Frankly, he sounds like a nutjob. He can't prove you called and he can't find out. Don't tell him. He deserves to be investigated and disciplined. You just can't beat on your kid, no matter who you are. I would try to get custody back. Your child will NOT do well in this nutty environment. Why don't you file for custody and take him back? Do you really want him living with this man or do you feel he's too powerful to fight for custody...?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
In MO, the hotline won't take a call from one parent against another. You have to get another person involved to make a complaint against an ex.

Maybe IN has something similar and you can feed him that.

BusynMember

Yes they will. Many ex's report their ex's, sometimes for spite, but sometimes because their ex's are abusive. I know a man whose wife said he had sexually abused his daughter and he was not only investigated...his daughter had to have a test to see if there'd been "penetration." There hadn't been, but he was put on supervised visitation. Never think you can't do anything regarding child abuse.
I'm amazed...AMAZED...that more people aren't worried about this child living with this abusive man, that more haven't said he should be away from this man. But hey jmo.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Maybe they're supposed to, but here they won't.

difficult child 1, when still pretty little and visiting his bio mom, refused to stand and take a punishment from her, so she beat him across the knee caps with a dowel rod. Obviously, it left bruises.

My then-husband called it in, and they refused to accept a call from an ex-spouse due to the enormous amount of spite-calls they receive. So we told his daycare provider and she called it in. It was investigated and bio-mom was only allowed supervised visits from then on.

Not saying it should be that way (people shouldn't abuse the system to spite their ex's), but here, that is what we had to do. If its that way in IN, perhaps it gives mom a little more to work with on the anonymous call thing and keeping it from the ex.

witzend

I'm with the others. No discussion as to who said what. Why does it matter, anyway? It's the what, not who said it. Please keep notes of the threats. That's another thing that they should be charging him with. Intimidation and witness tampering.