Being a warrior parent

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
EW I'd have done the same thing. With the current state of unemployment no one who is unemployed can afford to miss any opportunity.

I feel for you, too. husband and I are on the same page this time, a contrast to the initial. If not for him (and he feels the same way about me), no one in our families truly understands. To them, it's "you've been down that road, she's hurting you all and us again, just detach and move on". Like you all know, until you have been in these shoes, very easy to say!! We have good/strong days and bad/weak days, it is SO hard to watch your flesh and blood mess up, lie, etc., when you know everything they need to help themselves is right there. Your heart just hurts so, so bad, you can't explain it. Some days I ask why is this happening again, why can't difficult child be a "normal" 25-year-old mom?? It does just break your heart.

So sorry. ((hugs))

busywend

EW - there can be no FELONY drug convictions with the American Opportunity Credit (education credit for 2009 & 2010), or the Hope Credit. There can be a conviction for Lifetime Learning credits.

There is no mention of any requirements for FAFSA, or any other Tuition reduction programs about convictions.

everywoman

"There is no mention of any requirements for FAFSA, or any other Tuition reduction programs about convictions."

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/faq003.htm

Last bullet under "Who is eligible"

This is directly from the FAFSA site

I've been convicted of a drug offense. Does this mean I won't get any aid?

The question on the FAFSA regarding drug offenses asks about convictions for possessing or selling illegal drugs (not including alcohol and tobacco) if the offense occurred during a period of enrollment for which you were receiving federal student aid (grants, loans, and/or work-study). When answering this question, do not count convictions that have been removed from your record. Also, do not count convictions that occurred before you turned 18, unless you were tried as an adult.